I'm new and need advice (love related of course)

Hi all, lets get down to business

I started college in September and am enjoying it very much, after being very depressed in secondary school it's a whole new start for me and I have made lots of new friends and become quite popular.

One of my new friends I have made is a girl called Emma. She's pretty, funny, smart, down to earth and likes everything I like. It's scary really, we're so similar in personality and views on things that she has become my best friend that I've made so far. However, I have now fallen in love with her and she is my first love to. During secondary school I had no connection with girls to be honest and may not pick up on things as well as others might.

Alot of the time we do flirt alot, even before I had these feelings for her we chatted and flirted alot of the time and it was great. Now, before my feelings for her got stronger I found out that she had a boyfriend which she's been going out with for the past two years. From the things that she's told me about him he sounds like a complete waste of space. He doesn't treat her right at all, I've seen him actually telling her to 'f' off for no good reason and he doesn't take her out anywhere, she just goes round his house and watches him play computer games for four hours and then goes home.

Now I talked to her about how I felt about her and the fact that she deserved better because her boyfriend was treating her like crap and ask her out. She said that she was still getting to know me and even if she did break up with her current boyfriend she wouldn't be ready to get into a relationship straight away which I could understand. She also said that if she dumped her boyfriend she thought she would lose a past of her and didn't want to look back on her relationship as a waste. After that conversation I felt rejected and became very sad afterwards.

I thought that she would aviod me or something or just not make any contact with me, that's how bad I felt, but she came up to me and said I hope what I said last night wouldn't change anything between us now, I still want to be mates because your my best friend that I've made whilst at college. I said we should just forget about what I said because I don't want to ruin what we have now and that was that...but it wasn't.

Since then me and Emma have become even closer, our conversations more personal, and the flirting has increased alot. More hugs more small touches when we're talking everything in general and occasionally convesations of a sexual nature, which she starts! People have said to me she like us and I should ask her out, I wish it was that damn simple! As long as she's in her current relationship I feel as though I don't have a chance. I've seen them together and it's her who's putting all the effort into her relationship, whilst he sits there and does nothing. No one else can pursuade her to see that her relationship with him has reached the end it's line, she has to see that for herself!

What should I do? I have fallen deeply in love with from what I can see my perfect women, and it hurts so bad. Thanks for listening to my problem.

Nothing you can do but bide your time and wait. Sorry but you already know that, right? Despite our dearest wishes, life very often will not go according to the way we'd like it.