Found possible true love but was occupied with other things to notice

Rayherman123

Hey everyone. About 2 and a half years ago i moved to the north oregon coast to start dating a girl i met on craigslist. A few months in i was in town watching the waves when i spotted someone i truly connected with. I couldnt stop smiling and staring. I had to much on my mind and i was dating someone esle at that time so i didnt approach her..now fast forward 2 years later, i cant stop thinking of this person, im having dreams about her and sometimes on a daily basis. I want to find her and connect with her so i can be truly happy for a change.. Any suggestions on how to go abouts doing so?thanks

My friend, I hate to say this, but I think you need to leave whomever this "mystery woman" is alone and talk to a psychologist about this.

You don't even know her, yet you think you are in love? You're either in love with a fiction that your mind has created or somehow this person has triggered limerence for you from afar.

Either way, what you really need is psychological help.

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's how I see this.

I assume this was a public beach? Was there any infrastructure that might contain cameras? I many times travel all over the world looking at webcams so there is a slight chance she may have been caught on camera. That's not to say that they saved that days video output.

Someone on the beach may have taken pictures or video and you could advertise for them to contact you. Only a slight chance.

If you watched her all day did she appear to be a local or on vacation just stopping by? Was she by herself or with a group of people?

If she is a local then you can frequent the same beach and hope she will show again.

If she isn't you can still advertise and explain your situation and see if someone out there remembers something. If she reads your advertisement then she may contact you herself. The wider you cast the net the better your chances of finding a lead to pursue.

Frankly most of what I've given you will take up a lot of time, money and effort and most likely has a low probability of success. You could make the pursuit of this woman your holy grail. What price happiness?

Save your time and money and put the whole thing in God's hands. That may improve your odds strikingly more than any half-baked idea that I may present to you.

Cherish the memory.

• Like 1
  • Author
I assume this was a public beach? Was there any infrastructure that might contain cameras? I many times travel all over the world looking at webcams so there is a slight chance she may have been caught on camera. That's not to say that they saved that days video output.

Someone on the beach may have taken pictures or video and you could advertise for them to contact you. Only a slight chance.

If you watched her all day did she appear to be a local or on vacation just stopping by? Was she by herself or with a group of people?

If she is a local then you can frequent the same beach and hope she will show again.

If she isn't you can still advertise and explain your situation and see if someone out there remembers something. If she reads your advertisement then she may contact you herself. The wider you cast the net the better your chances of finding a lead to pursue.

Frankly most of what I've given you will take up a lot of time, money and effort and most likely has a low probability of success. You could make the pursuit of this woman your holy grail. What price happiness?

Save your time and money and put the whole thing in God's hands. That may improve your odds strikingly more than any half-baked idea that I may present to you.

Cherish the memory.

Yeah.. It was on the promade in town.. I could try that thanks..

First of all you don't fall in love with someone by staring at them from afar.

Secondly if you are not truly happy now then you won't find true happiness in being with anyone.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
CautiouslyOptimistic

Maybe you'll be able to find her utilizing the Google Earth street view feature.

• Like 1

What you seem to be saying is that you have projected onto this unknown woman all the qualities you hope to find in a woman. It worries me that maybe you can't fall for a real woman because you are too preoccupied with an "ideal woman" who only lives in your head.

You need to shake this off. You've imagined she is someone she's not. That woman does not exist.

• Like 1

It's more of an obsession than true love. Hate to say it, but you need to just let this go and move on. You didn't know nor meet her. And it's been two long years. She could be seriously dating, married or may not even have lived in that area.

• Like 1

You've seen her only once, and not even met her. So you don't know anything about her - for all you know she could be a massive twat.

I'm sure there are plenty more attractive people out there who you know (or can at least find out if they) are also good people. :)

I like what Snowboy said.

I actually did meet, and date a person I felt that way about. She turned out to be a selfish, chronically difficult jerk and now I feel very confused. They say don't meet your heroes, or fantasies in this case. But who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and you'll find her and she really will be that great. Romance is a wonderful thing, reality, often not so much.

Goodluck.

• Like 1