Did he like me? why did he block me suddenly?

mysteriouschic

Did he like me? We use to work together then I left for a month when he found out about it. He started acting odd cold towards me avoiding usually really nice extra helpful etc. We seemed to like each other. When I told him I was leaving he just like yeah I heard didn't want to know. Guy came in to talk to me asking me something what time I finished work. He overheard said he just came in to ask when she was finished. Stoppe working there came back month later to work there for another month. He seemed happy welcomed me back he acted okay felt like he liked me but held back more. Anyway then it was day before he was leaving the work to move away. I asked him if his last day was tomorrow (tuesday) . He was like no Wednesday. Told someone he told me Wednesday so they were like yeah he's going Wednesday. His last day came in morning I walked in the room he stared at me as I walked in. People made sure signed his card. Later I'd gone out to do something came back into the room girl saying again yeah he's going on Wednesday whole room just went quiet. He told people he didn't want to say goodbye to me. Went down other side of room overheard people. telling him good luck etc bye I overheard guy saying to him you should say goodbye to her, goodbye always the hardest last chance won't see her anymore. After left without saying anything to me. He really went out of his way to avoid saying goodbye or want me to say goodbye to him like was scared or something. He's was moved to Canada. Now 2 months later he blocked me on instagram only recently? I was able to view before.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Can you add a few details about the 2 days before his last day?

This was like 2 months ago the last day he just blocked me recently randomly?

what kinda details? but he was pretty avoidant the last 2 days and didn't really want to talk about him leaving and tol me the wrong day when I asked about it.

Well you wrote "I asked him if his last day was tomorrow (tuesday) . He was like no Wednesday. Told someone he told me Wednesday so they were like yeah he's going Wednesday".

I was wondering if anyone else confirmed that he told them he told you Wednesday or if it was actually Tuesday he told you he was going or maybe it was even another day he was going.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Well you wrote "I asked him if his last day was tomorrow (tuesday) . He was like no Wednesday. Told someone he told me Wednesday so they were like yeah he's going Wednesday".

I was wondering if anyone else confirmed that he told them he told you Wednesday or if it was actually Tuesday he told you he was going or maybe it was even another day he was going.

Yeah others knew he told me a different and one of them was like no he'll be in tomorrow when they knew his last day was that particular . Like his last day is wednesday. But I'd heard him tell others tuesday or people saying bye. Like he just didn't want to say bye to me for some reason . Like a month or two ago this happened . But only blocked me recently

I'm sort of torn between whether his last day was Wednesday or Tuesday or if he said Wednesday to throw you off the track but it was Tuesday the whole time and he told some people Wednesday and others Tuesday in order to create mass confusion in the cubicles.

Sounds like you and your actions affected his mood. Him saying goodbye on his last day is a respectful thing to do with friends/acquaintances. The fact that he didn't and blocked you when you've really done nothing wrong here indicates he was more emotionally invested than he lead you to believe.

Now whether that means he liked you, I don't know for sure but I'd definitely say when a guy acts like that, it's likely. Assuming so, he may have been too shy to say anything or perhaps he realized there was no point in making a move when he was moving far away.

- Beach

• Author
mysteriouschic
I'm sort of torn between whether his last day was Wednesday or Tuesday or if he said Wednesday to throw you off the track but it was Tuesday the whole time and he told some people Wednesday and others Tuesday in order to create mass confusion in the cubicles.

Like month or two ago. Say on Monday I think it was I asked if his last day was tomorrow(tuesday) . As I'd heard earlier him talking with people and some saying its his last day , one wasn't going to be in the tuesday said goodbye that day. So when I asked him if it was tuesday he said no wednesday. I saw him go over tell someone he told me it was wednesday as well. Then he left that tuesday he was saying his goodbyes I was on the other side of the room . And one of the guys were saying to him why dont you wanna say goodbye to her you should, Goodbyes always the hardest. Then he left never said anything to me.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Sounds like you and your actions affected his mood. Him saying goodbye on his last day is a respectful thing to do with friends/acquaintances. The fact that he didn't and blocked you when you've really done nothing wrong here indicates he was more emotionally invested than he lead you to believe.

Now whether that means he liked you, I don't know for sure but I'd definitely say when a guy acts like that, it's likely. Assuming so, he may have been too shy to say anything or perhaps he realized there was no point in making a move when he was moving far away.

- Beach

Yeah I had a feeling he liked me I liked him also. Then when I was back the 2nd time I knew he was leaving soon so held back more tried less with him and he was hanging with a girl more so I thought he liked her. Then I caught him looking at my instagram and he doesn't follow me back so obviously looked me up. Then the whole goodbye thing.It's weird he blocked me 2 months later?

I just watched his stories? does that mean he still had feelings so had to block to not see me anymore popping up or something?

Beendaredonedat
We use to work together then I left for a month when he found out about it. He started acting odd cold towards me
Maybe he was just paying you back?
  • Author
mysteriouschic
Maybe he was just paying you back?

He wouldn't have any reason to I didn't avoid him before I left

Beendaredonedat

You said "when he found out about it." That implies that you didn't tell him you were leaving but rather he found it out from someone else.

Is there more to the story regarding what happened?

Yeah I had a feeling he liked me I liked him also. Then when I was back the 2nd time I knew he was leaving soon so held back more tried less with him and he was hanging with a girl more so I thought he liked her. Then I caught him looking at my instagram and he doesn't follow me back so obviously looked me up. Then the whole goodbye thing.It's weird he blocked me 2 months later?

I just watched his stories? does that mean he still had feelings so had to block to not see me anymore popping up or something?

I wouldn't get caught up on what people do on social media. If you use that to analyze a person's actions, you won't get any answers. There are too many ways you can interpret behaviour on there which will drive you crazy.

But going back to the subject, assuming he likes you, it's not weird he blocked you. Doesn't matter if it was the day after, a week after, 2 months after or 6 months after. It probably wasn't easy to let you go and it took some time to accept nothing was going to happen. Seeing your presence on social media; your updates, your pics and probably probably reminded him of it all and it reopened wounds that needed to heal so he did what he needed to do for his well-being, and took you off.

- Beach

Why is it that everyone knew you were a couple except for you?

What was in his and your background that kept you two from getting together? Religious differences? Different races? Work place rules against romances?

Why would tow adults dance around each other for months without a solid reason for doing so?

Just asking.

Best Wishes

• Author
mysteriouschic
Why is it that everyone knew you were a couple except for you?

What was in his and your background that kept you two from getting together? Religious differences? Different races? Work place rules against romances?

Why would tow adults dance around each other for months without a solid reason for doing so?

Just asking.

Best Wishes

We weren't together but I think we both liked each other, but he was moving to Canada so thats why we didn't do anything

• Author
mysteriouschic
I wouldn't get caught up on what people do on social media. If you use that to analyze a person's actions, you won't get any answers. There are too many ways you can interpret behaviour on there which will drive you crazy.

But going back to the subject, assuming he likes you, it's not weird he blocked you. Doesn't matter if it was the day after, a week after, 2 months after or 6 months after. It probably wasn't easy to let you go and it took some time to accept nothing was going to happen. Seeing your presence on social media; your updates, your pics and probably probably reminded him of it all and it reopened wounds that needed to heal so he did what he needed to do for his well-being, and took you off.

- Beach

Oh right and he didn't follow me back either so I guess he was trying to avoid me but seeing me pop up in his viewed story maybe kept reminding him of me.

So hes just upset hes far away and couldn't start anything together.

If he was to move back would he be different?

Beendaredonedat

Why are you grasping at anything that points towards him actually wanting you but just didn't?

You weren't even dating so it makes so little sense to me that you even care that he's no longer wanting your attention.

Time to let it go and get on with your life while getting him outta your head.

@mysteriouschic

So hes just upset hes far away and couldn't start anything together.

That's my best guess but it's still only a guess.

If he was to move back would he be different?

There's no way know. Depends on him.

I can see you looking for answers but the truth is, the best any of us have for you is assumptions and speculation. The only person who could answer these questions was him but he left and chose to disconnect from you. All you need to focus on was that whether he liked you or not, he made his choice and nothing materialize from it. You don't really have much of a choice except to either dwell on it and let the questions and the pain, stop you from seeing the good that may be coming your way OR accept it's done, move passed it and focus on a future without him so that you will be ready for something amazing that comes your way.

Edited by Beachead