Saying Thank You after sex

Does anyone else do that? My FWB of 5 months, who I was friends with for several years prior to the "benefits", does this. We aren't in love, don't plan on taking the involvement further than it is now, but we do love each other as friends. It doesn't really set very well with me, but so far I haven't said anything to him about it because I don't want to be b****y when I know he doesn't mean anything bad by it.

I googled this and saw on another forum responses that indicated that even some married or otherwise committed couples sometimes say thank you after sex. Just seems odd and kind of transactional for such an intimate act between people who care about each other.

GorillaTheater

Seems a little strange to me, but I might be tempted set a tip jar by the front door.

• Like 4

No, but with an FWB arrangement, he just knows he's lucky to be getting convenient free sex. He considers you're doing him a favor.

• Like 1

Two decades ago, first time I had sex, with an older more experienced woman. Right after I said "thank you"

She replied, "it's not a service, you don't say thank you"

That was the first and last time I ever said thank you after sex.

• Like 2
RecentChange
Two decades ago, first time I had sex, with an older more experienced woman. Right after I said "thank you"

She replied, "it's not a service, you don't say thank you"

That was the first and last time I ever said thank you after sex.

Hahahaha that’s great.

No, I don’t say thank you, and I don’t recall being thanked.

Want to “thank” someone? Give them compliments, make them feel good about themselves. That’s better than “thank you”.

I am more likely to say “holy **** honey you’re amazing!”

mark clemson

I've gotten this so many times, so loudly and enthusiastically, I pretty much expect it now...

Yes, agree it's weird to do this.

(Note: I have a really quite odd flirting story about this but will save for a thread where it's more on topic... )

caveman621

Not generally. My wife and I do it in a joking manner. i will say, "Thank you" and she'll say, "Oh, you thought that was for YOUR enjoyment!!!????":p

It may just be me, but I'd feel put off by this... although I suspect you're put off yourself or you wouldn't be asking what you should make of this.

I could never go the fwb route. After awhile how does one not feel used and cheap, having them thank you like a business transaction had just taken place... ?

• Author

Some funny answers :)

He expresses his enjoyment in many ways during and after, but the thank you i could do without!

I hate to address the last issue brought up, but I assure you that no one in this situation is cheap or being used. We've been friends for several years. The "Friends" part is very strong and established. We spend a lot of time together in non-sexual activities. The first and probably only such situation I'll ever have because of the very particular circumstances. But what's a post without some judgment, right? ;)

well perhaps "thank you" is better than saying nothing at all"

"you say it best when you say nothing at all"

"ah that was good for me, I hope it was good for you too" (needless to say I never heard from her again!!!)