Did I Ruin My New Friendship?

DragonzRoost

Hey guys, so I am back yet again seeking new advice, this time about friendship. My last thread was regarding Easter and I'm thankful that I decided to ask for outside help prior.

This time its about a female friend (Just friendship) that I met while at a library. We started to discuss about art and both realized we had a huge amount in common. We started talking at 1pm and before we knew it, the time was 5pm. We have been texting back forth for going on 2 months now however, recently I think I greatly f**ked up. :(

I texted her wishing a wonderful Easter and she was thrilled to hear back! I was going to text her back and before I knew it life hit me very hard. (With a bag of bricks) In my marriage neither of us could find work and we were getting interviews, but nothing turned out. (Literally in just a day after her text) My hub and I got severely hurt by attorneys who completely destroyed our case and wasted crucial time, by literally sitting around doing nothing for work related reasons, we had to hire them. The paperwork and things needed for the case was never gathered.

(I have to take up better work now) I had an interview and one of the links for my pre-testing was disabled, leaving me out of luck. I had to reach out to HR for assistance and still have not heard back. My Grandmother ended up in the hospital after Easter and the Family waited to hear if she was going to need heart surgery and I've just literally been running around like a chicken with my head cut off ever since.

I've fallen deeply into depression and just feel so awful, now even worse that I forgot to text her back. I know that if it were me, that would send a big message that I couldn't take 1 minute to respond. I texted her greatly apologizing and expressing how this week has been crazy and not one of the best weeks. That a lot has been going on, following up with how she was doing. She mentioned not to ever be sorry, that she actually thought about me too and thought that was funny. That she was at the gym and would text back later. (Haven't heard anything for hours) :(

I admit that I've had a difficult time holding onto friendships after my best friend passed away in middle school. I haven't been able to keep up with friendships after that. I have to push myself to stay in close contact or want to go out. Often new friendships will go cold and just fizzle out..

Question: Did I completely ruin my friendship with this person? Is it likely that they are going to end up not texting back or am I over thinking this?

Thank you again for the help

Edited by DragonzRoost

Wow, you have had a lot on your plate!

A good friend will understand that other parts of your life happen and sometimes there will be gaps in talking to each other. They understand that sometimes texts aren't returned and that phone calls will be missed. Most of all, they won't expect an apology because they will be confident that you'll return when you can.

Good friends don't have to live in each other's pockets.

• Like 1

You're overthinking it.

You said sorry, she said don't worry about it. It's completely normal. She'll eventually get back to you.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

doesn't matter where you are in life or the distance or how long its been since you last talked.....a true friend will just...be there and to not worry .....a friend of mine once told me that after i didnt contact her for two years.........she told me we will always be friends no matter how long it is between talking.....i believe true friends are meant ...to be.....deb

• Like 1

I highly doubt it. Most people can understand these situations and empathize with you. I'm sure you'll hear back from her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
DragonzRoost

So to post an update, she never texted back again. Its not much of a loss if she can't understand that life just happens. Didn't let it get to me.. Hopefully there will be new friends in the near future.