Together Without Intimacy.

emeraldgreen

They can if they want an incomplete and unfulfilling co-dependence. Why would any normal person accept that?

healing light

If they are both asexual or neither one of them desires sex for some reason and there's a mutual understanding.

• Like 1
They can if they want an incomplete and unfulfilling co-dependence. Why would any normal person accept that?

In the case of my partner and I, after many years of great sex, middle age has affected both our sexual functions and we're currently learning a new way to be. We both still love each other, snuggle and kiss, and get on well and provide a solid family unit for our kids. I'd hardly call it 'an incomplete and unfulfilling co-dependence'.

• Like 4
emeraldgreen
In the case of my partner and I, after many years of great sex, middle age has affected both our sexual functions and we're currently learning a new way to be. We both still love each other, snuggle and kiss, and get on well and provide a solid family unit for our kids. I'd hardly call it 'an incomplete and unfulfilling co-dependence'.

Well yeah, decades together and already finished raising your family is a pretty understandable disclaimer. I'm assuming OP is in a younger relationship than that.

Depends on what you mean by intimacy. Emotional intimacy? Probably not. Sexual intimacy, yes.

There are people who are asexual and don't really desire much sex. Some have extremely low sex lives as well, but don't mind the companionship of another partner.

It all depends on what YOU want and if you find that you're compatible with someone else. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to have sex or feeling like you don't necessarily need to have sex.

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
Can two people be in a relationship without sex? What are your thoughts ?

Sure, if they both are on the same page. Why not?

• Like 1
mark clemson

Agree with most of the above.

Keep in mind that if you're NOT both on the same page, this will probably lead to trouble sooner or later. There are threads on here all the time about how one partner (usually but not always the male) isn't happy about lack of sex and wants to divorce or otherwise take significant steps to change the situation.

Can two people be in a relationship without sex? What are your thoughts ?

Yes. It's called friendship.

Of course they can , they can do what they want and if that's what they both want then what's the problem.

l think in a way it'd all take so much bs out of a marriage because once things in that way are gone your really only faking it trying to put it back.

So if you both just don't feel like it anyway, with anyone, but your great companionship and a team in all the other ways , sounds like peace at last :bunny:

• Like 1