Why did he purposely want to avoid saying goodbye to me?

mysteriouschic

mysteriouschic

Used to work with this guy before christmas. Think he liked me but started acting weird since I was leaving work. There's been ways how he was with me seemed like did.

- sometimes make small talk 2 weeks straight knowing me he'd been saying my name correctly not complicated. One day said my name came back asked me how do I say my name is this or that which was weird as he knew walked away smiling. Often before I go on break he be like see soon , in while when you get back in soft voice he doesn't do this to anyone else. He was extra helpful always get things that were high down for me

As I was leaving work the other day after saying bye to him before I left turned back look at him he was looking at me caught me. He seems more comfortable around other girls like can joke more but holds back with me. On my last day he acted odd told him I was leaving seemed to brush it off like I heard earlier. Got weird avoid vibes from him . Another guy trying to ask me out he'd complimented me earlier from another department "he just came in to ask her when she was finished?" .

Anyway so then I left said goodbye a month later went back to work there for another month he seemed happy to see welcomed me back seemed ok but didn't get too close only a bit. This time it's him leaving moving away today was his last day . One of the girls got a card made sure I signed it for him . He spends some lunches with her but calls her pal etc. Yesterday I asked him is tomorrow your last day? (today) he said no wednesday. I asked the girl later his last day is tomorrow ? And she said wednesday and as we were going she was like your last days wednesday yeah etc. He told her he didn't want to say goodbye to me. I'd gone out to do something came back she still said it was wednesday . Everyone telling him good luck etc bye I overheard people saying to him you should say goodbye to her, goodbye always the hardest, it's your last chance won't get to again etc. So like told everyone he didn't want to say bye to me. He moving to canada.

You know that a dialogue is happening between him and the other girls at work. They'd be the ones who know the answer.

• Like 1
  • Author
mysteriouschic
You know that a dialogue is happening between him and the other girls at work. They'd be the ones who know the answer.

It wasn't only girls was just one. The rest are like male just few other who work with . Just odd he wanted to avoid saying bye not sure if he hated me but that still seems extreme? or he likes me too much missed me the last time I said bye to him

Maybe he just felt it would have been uncalled for to say goodbye to you. It sounds like you only had halting occasional conversations at most. As you said, he was more comfortable and closer to some of the others. I think those are who he would mostly feel the need to say goodbye to.

I mean, he's moving, so....

• Like 1
  • Author
mysteriouschic
Maybe he just felt it would have been uncalled for to say goodbye to you. It sounds like you only had halting occasional conversations at most. As you said, he was more comfortable and closer to some of the others. I think those are who he would mostly feel the need to say goodbye to.

I mean, he's moving, so....

I mean like he seemed to really want to avoid saying bye to me and it wasnt first time we had. Last time he seemed to really like be but when i was leaving he acted odd. but we said goodbye. maybe missed me last time

• Author
mysteriouschic
OK, this one girl is the person who probably knows the answer.

I'm not sure if she'll tell me, but she bought a card only got few people to sign it and made sure I signed it. At the end i was oh well i signed the card anyway if i don't see him .

i have another thread about before.

How he was to make it clearer

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/transitioning/friends-lovers/669375-does-guy-work-like-me-what-4.html

Thanks for the background. Did the two of you ever manage to get close? If not, I'm guessing that he simply wasn't interested enough to say goodbye.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Thanks for the background. Did the two of you ever manage to get close? If not, I'm guessing that he simply wasn't interested enough to say goodbye.

No but that could be because he was moving to canada that he held back cause he did seem to like me . Its just weird like he lied about when he was leaving it felt almost like for some reason he found it harder to say it to me maybe liked but knew he wasn't gonna see me. Like if he hated me I don;t think he'd act like this either.

I'm not sure if she'll tell me, but she bought a card only got few people to sign it and made sure I signed it. At the end i was oh well i signed the card anyway if i don't see him .

If this girl told you to sign the card I'm sure she would have the answer to your question.

• Like 1
No but that could be because he was moving to canada that he held back cause he did seem to like me . Its just weird like he lied about when he was leaving it felt almost like for some reason he found it harder to say it to me maybe liked but knew he wasn't gonna see me. Like if he hated me I don;t think he'd act like this either.

I'm getting the impression that you want us to tell you that he didn't say goodbye because he was so sad about leaving you, however I think this is a stretch. I'm not even sure that he was ever romantically interested in you....or if he was, it seemed he lost interest. From what I understand, he didn't even follow you back on social media.

I also didn't suggest that he hated you. There's a huge gap between indifference and hate.

• Like 3
  • Author
mysteriouschic
I'm getting the impression that you want us to tell you that he didn't say goodbye because he was so sad about leaving you, however I think this is a stretch. Thing is, he didn't know you well enough to be seriously interested in you. From what I understand, he didn't even follow you back on social media.

I also didn't suggest that he hated you. There's a huge gap between indifference and hate.

He checked my story recently but he would've had to search for me to see it

He checked my story recently but he would've had to search for me to see it

I'm still not seeing any significant interest on his part.

• Like 1

At this point what difference does it make since he's moving and you won't see him again? If he were interested he would have asked for your number to contact you or at least get together before he leaves. He's no longer working with you so what would he have to lose at this point by asking you out.

• Like 2
  • Author
mysteriouschic
At this point what difference does it make since he's moving and you won't see him again? If he were interested he would have asked for your number to contact you or at least get together before he leaves. He's no longer working with you so what would he have to lose at this point by asking you out.

I’m just curious why he acted so weird found it harder to say goodbye

To me but was ok for others. He knew i would have gone said bye to him . Judy the way one them said I overheard from across the room. You say goodbye to her , last chance before you go, goodbye always the hardest.a

And he just couldn’t. I know was attraction there on both sides . Although because he was moving didn’t act . Will I sent him a message on instagram