Does My Former Co-Worker Have Feelings ?

I work as a middle school teacher. Last year, my school hired a new teacher, a young woman who worked alongside me and shared a classroom with. We quickly struck up a friendship. Throughout the year, we shared ideas, advice and vented about issues that we had at. Since we had similar work ethics, we usually would stay late in our classroom getting work done. As the school year progressed, we hanging out outside of work. Meeting in coffee shops to plan our lessons, going shopping together and occasionally going out to dinner or getting drinks with other colleagues. She's admitted to me that I'm one of the few colleagues that she trusts and that she feels very comfortable around me, so much that she sometimes even wears her slippers when we meet at the coffee shop.

At the end of the school year, my contract was not renewed and she was the first person I told. Afterwards we went out to a bar and talked for a few hours. That was also the first time she hugged me, in a friendly way, which she continues to do to this day. Over the summer, after I landed another teaching job, she got some of my friends together to celebrate.

During the new school year, we've continued to stay in touch and still get together to plan our lessons at the coffee shop and mostly do the same things we did when we worked together. I've started to notice a change in her personality around me. She been acting a lot more playful and has been a lot more open around me. When she gives me one of her "friendly hugs", I've noticed that she seems a little nervous and kind of restrained, almost as if she wants more. The last time I saw her, she let me know that she had just ended things with a guy she had been seeing and lately has been asking me if I'm in a relationship.

In the past, she's mentioned that she would not date a co-worker but we don't together anymore. Do you think that she has feelings for me?

Edited by MIAho

Yes she probably likes you but felt like she couldn’t do anything when you worked together. Go for it now! Ask her out!