LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Why do men do this?

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2019, 11:20 PM   #1

Why do men do this?

Why does this man every time I see him flirt and bring up sexual remarks but once I leave he never initiates anything. He is always shaky nervous around me and talks a mile a minute and flirts a lot. I’m shy on the other hand and an introvert.

He is an extrovert but with me I can tell he gets nervous. I feel like I do the best I can to show him I’m interested and get nothing back. Why is he even hinting at sexual stuff then? Why even do that if you are not going to make a move?

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 17th March 2019 at 1:46 AM.. Reason: Fix formatting, move to F&L
Pink86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 11:27 PM   #2
Established Member

For every 2 men who has done this I can name 1 woman who has done this If you want him to make more moves, you may have to be patient in letting him get comfortable enough to make some moves. He will also - be over the moon if you were to make some moves on him. He's probably not had as much experience as you hoped he would, so he's nervous from testing the waters. Make it easy for him and enjoy the ride.
Garcon1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 11:51 PM   #3
Established Member

Flirting can be done with no plans to take things further. He may not be interested in dating you and just enjoys a little flirting.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 11:57 PM   #4
Established Member

I have a buddy like this. Great guy, funny, and he has a lot of female friends. However, the guy just can't close the deal with any of them. For a lot of guys, it's a big step going from flirting to actually making a move on a girl.
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 12:09 AM   #5

Why would he hint around at sexual stuff then? Every conversation he throws something sexual into it somehow.
Old 17th March 2019, 12:14 AM   #6
Established Member

He's likely into you - consider being patient with him and taking it further. If you are very disturbed by his not making any moves, you can move on and check out a new guy =)
Garcon1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 1:27 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink86 View Post
Why would he hint around at sexual stuff then? Every conversation he throws something sexual into it somehow.
If he's not interested in dating you? Because it's fun even if not taken further.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 2:43 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
He is always shaky nervous around me...

...but with me I can tell he gets nervous. I feel like I do the best I can to show him Iím interested and get nothing back.
Here's your answer. This guy wants to initiate but is too nervous to do so, for fear of upsetting or offending you, or otherwise messing the whole thing up.

Do you like this guy? If so, what's stopping you from initiating yourself? I'd say that once he gets comfortable with you there will be nothing stopping him from taking the lead.
snowboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 6:56 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Why does this man every time I see him flirt and bring up sexual remarks but once I leave he never initiates anything. He is always shaky nervous around me and talks a mile a minute and flirts a lot. I’m shy on the other hand and an introvert.
Why would you be interested in some fool who doesn't even have the good grace to know better than to make moronic sexual remarks to you? Do you actually find that flattering?
Quote:
Please see above.

He sounds like a classless degenerate. You can do A LOT better.

Last edited by Mrs._December; 17th March 2019 at 6:58 AM..
Mrs._December is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 11:08 AM   #10

I think he is doing it to awkwardly flirt with me. I think he means no harm by it. I think he is trying not to get friendzoned so he trys to keep a little sexual tension in the conversation but I donít know.
Old 17th March 2019, 11:14 AM   #11
Established Member

Can you give us some examples of the sexual stuff he says to you?i
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 11:17 AM   #12
Established Member

Is this your OBGYN doctor (mentioned in your first thread) or your co-worker? Iíve noticed itís not uncommon for men to engage in innocent flirting. They most likely have a girlfriend/wife already and are having a little fun.
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 11:18 AM   #13
Established Member

I would call him out and say "You are all talk, no action."
He won't like it and perhaps make a move. If not go for it.

Guys love assertive woman so I have been told. Any time I have gone for it, it's ended well.
Cersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 11:23 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneL View Post
Is this your OBGYN doctor (mentioned in your first thread) or your co-worker? Iíve noticed itís not uncommon for men to engage in innocent flirting. They most likely have a girlfriend/wife already and are having a little fun.
But I donít see what he did as flirting: making sexual comments is creepy and crass.
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 11:30 AM   #15
Established Member

Seems this is the 50 something, 20+ years older co-worker, but I cannot find the answer to the question, is he single?
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote