Invited to dinner

crispytoast

My friend from work invited me over to her place for dinner tonight. I obliged because it sounds like fun. We click pretty well but I have some serious reservations about it. One of my close friends that I've slept with a few times hates her, and she hates the close friend as well. Obviously there's a lot of potential drama there and as such I really want to keep things as just friends (ah the joys of living in a small city...). The thing is, it feels like she wants more out of this. At work today she kept joking around that I'm trying to hit on her and things when in all honesty I'm not (I really don't do that sh*t at work and I don't have time for drama so the romantic aspect isn't there for me).

Is it a bad idea to go to her house for dinner? Its not exclusively a date. It seems a bit conceited to cancel on the pretext that she might be trying to get with me, and I do really enjoy hanging out with her.

you are quite the ladies man crispy. regarding the dinner you probably shouldn't go but if you do don't drink or smoke anything. and check your food to see if there are any roofies in it

• Like 2
  • Author
crispytoast

I don't know man, it'd be a lot cooler if they were women I could actually date. It's been a headache and a half. Been through too much to get around all willy nilly haha

Well I'm headed to her house. Hopefully it is pretty mellow. Do I mention I'm just trying to be friends? Or is that communicated pretty well by just chillin back and not trying to make moves?

Do I mention I'm just trying to be friends? Or is that communicated pretty well by just chillin back and not trying to make moves?

i'm more worried about her jumping your irresistible bones :laugh:

• Like 1

Go to dinner.

Just because you eat with her doesn't mean you have to sleep with her. Use discretion & good judgment.

• Like 1
And flatly tell her that you enjoy her company but don’t date colleagues.

that'll be the end of the free home-cooked meals

that'll be the end of the free home-cooked meals

Ya because she knows a way to get a man is through his stomach.

I think heading over to her place is no different when a guy invites a lady to his place. Suggest going for a beer after work instead or hang out with a group of coworkers. IMO that's the only way to set boundaries without having to be blunt about it.

I don't know smackie9....it depends but a lot of time an invitation to a home cooked dinner is also a invite to fool around afterwards. that's my experience but I could be wrong

I don't know smackie9....it depends but a lot of time an invitation to a home cooked dinner is also a invite to fool around afterwards. that's my experience but I could be wrong

That is is what I posted....her intentions are probably to fool around or at least establish something with him. But I'm basing it by how there is jealousy between these two women.

That is is what I posted....her intentions are probably to fool around or at least establish something with him. But I'm basing it by how there is jealousy between these two women.

yea you are probably right

• Author
crispytoast

We ate and watched a movie.. after we finished eating she kept saying how sore she was from the gym and how she needs a good massage. That sh*t kinda turns me off, it makes me feel like she's seeing if I'll jump when she says frog.

Other friend f*cked her exbf while they were dating which is the source of the animosity btw. I'll let you read into that however you all want.