Is he testing me?

Hey guys,

so I've been on one dating site for like 2 weeks now and a week ago I met one guy there and since the first message we got along really well. In the beggining we we're talking about our past experience in relationships - we both only had one partner before and he told me that I'm still young and that I will definitely find someone soon on the dating site - we have 6 years age gap and that kinda hurt me when he said it because I really liked him even from the beggining. But we still were texting a lot, even shared a phone number because of the poor chat system on the app. And we pretty much talked about anything and now after a week he always initiates conversations - especially in the morning with good morning texts, he really cares about me, remembers the stuff I have told him, asks me questions, when he is sending me voice messages he seems really shy or compliments me. But on the other hand he is like setting me up with other guys - like asks me if I know a cute guy at uni, or I once told him that I would like to move to Germany and he said that I need to look for some "proper" german boys on the dating site - I rejected his "offer" and he sent me a heart in our chat conversation. Or when I became too chatty and I apologized myself for that then he said that's okay that I can talk how much i want and said "that's what are friends for right?" Even my friend was talking to him too, just to get some information from him and when she asked him if he found somebody who is he interested in he said that he is hoping and that he is now at this point happy with friends. But I know that he is talking to a few other girls too but I don't know if he is like that to them too. So I'm like kinda confused and scared that he friendzoned me, or he thinks that I friendzoned him, it's a vicious circle but I'm scared to ask him how he feels about me because I don't want to be rejected and I'm kinda shy too when it comes to things like this. ;-; So I don't know what to think, any ideas? Thank u in advance for your responses. ^^

He doesn't see you in a romantic sense. Not sure why he's pursuing the friendship thing with you - perhaps he's lonely and doesn't have enough friends?

When you say you "met", what do you mean? If this man hasn't arranged an actual meet IRL all the rest of this is BS. There is no connection; it's a flattering fantasy.

Since you are attending university, you best get off the app & look around school for a suitable BF. This guy who is 6 years older then you is not at the same life stage as you & he knows it.