LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

In love with my best friend 💔 (whoís proposing soon)

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th February 2019, 11:50 PM   #31
Established Member

The guy sure does get drunk a lot.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 2:15 AM   #32
S2B
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancake87 View Post
You guys are right.

Hes being immature, just now 3am in my time i received another drunk messages. He’s just screaming for attention and I won’t give it to him anymore...he’s obviously drunk in a party and I’m the one hes texting to be Honest the more you guys write and the more he writes it just seems to add up.

Hes a child who want a new toy to play with for a bit and because he cannot unwrape it hes just making a scene.

I’ll stay away from now on...
Seriously, this isn’t a nice friend.

And he drinks way too much!

Find friends that don’t manipulate you by lying. He’s also terribly disrespectful to you AND the gal he plans to marry.

None of the qualities you’ve described him having are attractive to me - in fact I’d do my best to end a relationship like this. As long as you’re friends with him you’re not gonna make room for a significant man that makes only you his top priority!

He’s in that class I’d call “time waster”.
S2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 4:49 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub-row View Post
The guy sure does get drunk a lot.
Haha yes, to be honest I am quite a party girl to..
Pancake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 5:05 PM   #34
Established Member

Hi, I read your thread. And it reminds me soooooo much of my situation, only thing is, I took his bait. Hook, line, and sinker. I let it go way too far. Feel free to read my thread if you want to.

Point is, he isnít being forced to marry her. If he wanted you, heíd be with you. Not just drunk text or flirt or kiss once in a while. He wants to get you out of his system before he ties the knot. Donít think things will ever get easier or better. You cannot remain his friend after this. I know thatís not what you want to hear, I didnít either, but itís the truth.

Iím sorry... you can private message me if you want to talk.
Madd_hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 4:52 AM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancake87 View Post
You guys are right.

Hes being immature, just now 3am in my time i received another drunk messages. Heís just screaming for attention and I wonít give it to him anymore...heís obviously drunk in a party and Iím the one hes texting to be Honest the more you guys write and the more he writes it just seems to add up.

Hes a child who want a new toy to play with for a bit and because he cannot unwrape it hes just making a scene.

Iíll stay away from now on...
Is she ever with him when heís out drunk? Iím assuming not if heís texting you. If a guy goes out that much without his girlfriend and gets loaded, it means thereís a lot of unhappiness in his relationship/home life. That doesnít mean you should do anything about it. Iím just saying...
Malin889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 7:27 AM   #36

You will have to move on, delete all contacts with him and for do this you need to meet new friends to keep you going, to keep you busy like go traveling, play sports, join a dance class, go sky diving, relax with family etc. Also, keep your mind busy focus on your future goals & things that you love doing. All these things will stop you from having a crush on him & you won't have to be awkward around him anymore.
david2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 2:57 PM   #37

This sounds like a movie plot. I think you should tell him how you feel. You only live once. You may regret it later if you let him go by, and marry his girlfriend who he's obviously not that in love with. When you're both older and he divorces her, or is in an unhappy marriage, you guys will regret not getting together while it still was possible. I know how hard confessing may look, but I believe honesty is one of the keys to happiness. If he brushes you off, then it will be difficult but you'll have to move on. At least you'll have your answer.
jellyfishing is offline   Reply With Quote