Would this seem weird?

Unrequitedlover

Unrequitedlover

One of my male friends from College loves climbing and I have always wanted to do that. I was talking with another female friend of mine - (from another friend group - they don't know each other) - that we wanted to try it together.

He already has a girlfriend (I have met her 3 times, and they seem to have a very healthy and good relationship). I have good chemistry with him and I feel both of us give 50/50% in our friendship.

We both love hiking and talk about it together (never made any plans together). Would it be weird if I asked if we (my female friend and I) could join him and his friends climbing one day?

I don't think it would be that weird since you like it some much..

I think you can ask him that but also make him feel free to turn in down. Obviously ask only if you won't be offended to hear no as an answer.

Not weird at all, as long as a hiking/climbing buddy is all you're looking for from him. This is especially true if it's a group activity. If it was just you and him, that might be a problem for his gf.

Best if it is a group thing.

Both you and your friend should work toward being certified for at least "Top-Roping" and then you and your friend can do it yourselves after that. You'll want to do this in an indoor climbing gym. The certification will be only for the individual climbing gym. Other gyms may or may not accept it. For outdoors it would just be if your partner personally trusted your certification, although if it is a state park or something the park may want to see some proof of certification.

Nope, not weird at all. You're making it into a large group activity rather than one on one.

And even if it was just one on one, it's only weird if someone makes it weird ;)