Is he interested in me or am I being friendzoned

I have a coworker who has been complimenting me a lot lately. He initiates conversations all the time, we hang out for lunch often when at work. For the past one month, he has been talking about getting lunch sometime over the weekends.

The first time when he said that, he took me by surprise so I responded saying I'll let you know. Later texted him about my availability and we had a good time. Next time, he again asked if I wanted to get lunch sometime to which I respond sure, let me know. He doesn't go any further about date or time but later one day we both had the day off, he was talking to me and kept asking if I had something going on for that day or the next. So I thought he is wanting me to make plans this time and asked if he wanted to meet up for lunch next day. He responds saying I'll let you know and later next day texts saying he can't make it. After a couple of days, he texts asking if we can get lunch over the weekend to which I agree. We were supposed to meet Saturday, he texts Friday night saying his friend would also want to join and if am okay with it. He also indicated that if I wanted to go out with just him, he can just uninvite his friend. I know his friend has been going through a rough time, so I agreed to join. Besides, I didn't want to show that I was disappointed. The lunch went well and he paid for both of us.

After the lunch, he texts me saying thanks and talks about how he enjoys spending time with me. He texts me a lot and talks about how he likes talking to me. He also talks about taking vacation trip, going to beach in the summer and jokes about buying house together etc. He did joke about us getting married once during one of our conversations. The other day we were texting each other and he talked about how he wants to find a wife who is working and earns lot of money and asked me "how about you, do you want to get married yet?". He teased me with another guy at work and how so many other men would want to go on dates with me.

I quite didn't get how to interpret his conversation and his actions. When I hear him talk about how he wants to know my likes , travelling together and the way he uses the word of "we" I get a feeling that he likes me. But when I see him and his friend show up for lunch, I dont know if am getting friend zoned. What would you think after reading this conversation?

Edited by tawnyap
  • Like 1
  • Author

During conversations, he sometimes says we are friends too.....which makes me feel like he doesn't like see me as more than a friend. Would you call someone a friend if you really think of her as more than a friend?

• Like 1
During conversations, he sometimes says we are friends too.....which makes me feel like he doesn't like see me as more than a friend. Would you call someone a friend if you really think of her as more than a friend?

Well he’s not going to “more than a friend” in conversations, you know? So yes he can think if you as more than a friend and call you a friend.

• Like 1
manfrombelow2

The fact OP needed to put her effort into making this topic proved once again this:

"Women are more attracted to men whose feelings are unclear."

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
The fact OP needed to put her effort into making this topic proved once again this:

"Women are more attracted to men whose feelings are unclear."

Nope. I lost interest in any guy who made me question their interest in me no matter how physically attractive they were. My attitude was NEXT!

It definitely sounds like he's into you. It would be cooler if he just came clean about it and told you, but men are dopes. I know that because I am one.

The one valuable lesson I've learned from minor misadventure in romance is you've really just got to be upfront. Ask him out for dinner, no need to wait around, and ask him how he feels about you. Just use those words, "how do you feel about me?"

How do you feel about him? He might get scared and nervous in the moment and ask some dumb guy question like "well, uh, ahoy, uh, ack, how do you feel about me?" And if you're into him tell him. And if you're not, tell him that too.

Work complicates it, sure, but honestly this situation doesn't sound very complicated. You can resolve it fast.