Ran into girl from high school

I was at the bar last night & I had this girl call my name & call me over. I was on my way out about to catch my uber, but I figured I would go over & say hi. This girl I went to high school with but we never really talked as she was a popular girl while I was more of a loner. Anyway she was super friendly & really interested in talking to me which shocked me. I too wasn’t too nervous & when she said I looked good, I told her she was beautiful. There was another girl with her also from high who I chatted a little with but it was the first girl who really caught my eye.

I was thinking of waiting a couple days & following her on Instagram then maybe asking if she would like to grab a drink sometime. Thoughts?

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

Well... she called you over, so she at least wanted to talk to you. Ask her out (for drinks) on the premise of "catching up" and talking more. Explain that you were a bit rushed as you had ordered your "Uber" ride.

I think it's a good plan, eric.

She was obviously interested in catching up, so see if she'd like to continue the conversation when you are not rushing out to catch your ride.

• Author

2 things:

How long should I wait to ask?

And I'm just a little nervous that a girl who was as popular in high school as she was wouldn't want anything to do with me, other than a friendly hello at the bar.

He's probably young smackie, it was years before I was comfortable asking girls I liked for their numbers, and I'm still not comfortable doing it....

Yikes....I dunno, I had some pretty dorky guys asking me out, a couple of them were relentless.... Maybe this would be a life lesson to "seize the moment"

One thing I learned.....people treat you differently once out of high school.....everyone starts to be respectful.

• Like 2
  • Author
Good lord you couldn't ask her for her number?

I really didn't think of it. I was kind of in a rush to grab my ride, plus I was a bit taken back by the whole thing

I really didn't think of it. I was kind of in a rush to grab my ride, plus I was a bit taken back by the whole thing

Well smooth it over by asking her out.....if you don't she's going to be over it and forget about that moment.

• Author
Well smooth it over by asking her out.....if you don't she's going to be over it and forget about that moment.

True. But you think that moment even warrants asking her out? Or was it just a hey I know you kind of thing?

One thing I learned.....people treat you differently once out of high school.....everyone starts to be respectful.

Yes this is very true! People are less worried about their image.

We had a high school reunion a while back and some of the former nerdy guys looked pretty darn good, had their s--t together and were really nice! It made me mad how I overlooked them while still in school.

OP I think you should mention how you were caught off guard and in a rush when you chatted. But it was great to see her. (In your own words of course) Be confident even if you have to fake it.

Good luck.

• Like 2

She called you over, she said you are looking good.......she was the one who initiated the interaction....someone that didn't give you the time of day, 3 years ago, now wanted to get your attention. This is your once in a lifetime opportunity to possibly date her. You shouldn't question anything anyways...if you think a girl is attractive you take that shot. Being turned down isn't going to kill you....the sun still comes up the next day and life goes on.

One thing I never liked were guys who thought I was too expensive looking or out of their league to date. I would have gone out with them.

• Like 2
  • Author
She called you over, she said you are looking good.......she was the one who initiated the interaction....someone that didn't give you the time of day, 3 years ago, now wanted to get your attention. This is your once in a lifetime opportunity to possibly date her. You shouldn't question anything anyways...if you think a girl is attractive you take that shot. Being turned down isn't going to kill you....the sun still comes up the next day and life goes on.

One thing I never liked were guys who thought I was too expensive looking or out of their league to date. I would have gone out with them.

Ok I'll add her on instagram, then if she accepts I'll message her. Should I at least wait a day or two?

Ok I'll add her on instagram, then if she accepts I'll message her. Should I at least wait a day or two?

Whatever you think is right.....maybe check out her social media to see what she is into...will help you plan the right type of date, and what to talk about.

Happy Lemming
Should I at least wait a day or two?

Nope... do it today!!

"Strike while the iron it hot!!"

• Like 2

No ,you strike while the iron is hot!!!!!!!!

• Author
Yup! Ask her out dude!

What did you turn into a swan after high school or something? lol

Haha I don't think I really changed looks wise. I really never was "dorky" looking. No glasses, never overweight, dressed reasonably and neat. I did used to have acne which has since gone away. Honestly I just didn't socialize with anyone in high school. I wasn't really a nerd, more so just a loner which is why it's weird for such a popular, pretty girl to talk to me.