Is this girl interested in me?

I started a new position at work and my coworker/friend said she was going to get a cake for me. I told her not to because I didn't like being the center of attention so she said she would give me a cupcake instead. I wouldn't say we are close friends at all, more on the casual friends/acquaintances spectrum so that's why I didn't expect this kind of action from her. When I told her where I was from (a place known for surfing) and told her to come visit, she asked me if I knew how to surf and to teach her. I said I didn't and was jokingly disappointed and said we'll have to take surfing lessons together. Is she interested or friendly?

• Like 1

Are you interested !? Men are asking the wrong questions, she should be the one wondering if you are interested..not the other way round..she is the one who needs to feel flattered of been liked by a man like you...

You are buffering -you are in your head, thinking, trying to control the outcome,instead of been in your body, enjoying the moment and connecting..if she is interested she soon won't be...

Dance,tease,push,pull,play,be naughty..enjoy..seduce..

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 3
  • Author
If you like her, take the shot...ask her out.

I will only if I get more concrete signs if interest. That’s why I’m trying to gauge her interest. I don’t want to be that guy at work that’s hitting on everyone. And it’s better to be safe than sorry in this day and age (#metoo). I don’t want to risk getting reported for sexual harassment.

• Like 1

If dating coworkers isn't career suicide, ask her out. Walk on the beach to talk about surfing is fine. Stop for some beach food. Make it fun. If she makes excuses, next.

• Author
If dating coworkers isn't career suicide, ask her out. Walk on the beach to talk about surfing is fine. Stop for some beach food. Make it fun. If she makes excuses, next.

Higher chance of her saying yes or no?

Higher chance of her saying yes or no?

If someone could write a computer program predicting the response of a woman to that question, they'd be the next Mark Zuckerberg ;)

Women aren't a math problem. They're a painting.

I started a new position at work and my coworker/friend said she was going to get a cake for me. I told her not to because I didn't like being the center of attention so she said she would give me a cupcake instead. I wouldn't say we are close friends at all, more on the casual friends/acquaintances spectrum so that's why I didn't expect this kind of action from her. When I told her where I was from (a place known for surfing) and told her to come visit, she asked me if I knew how to surf and to teach her. I said I didn't and was jokingly disappointed and said we'll have to take surfing lessons together. Is she interested or friendly?

My friend, are you interested in her? Answer yourself that first.

If so, then finding out if she is interested as well is a plan by plan basis in your case. Forget reading subtle signs that could mean anything.

Find something that's simple and fun, and ask her if she wants to join you for it. Ex. Mini-golfing, food festivals, carnivals. Stuff like this provides a buffer to fill the awkward silences that might come up in case you guys run out of things to talk about or are generally shy. If she says yes, that's a good sign. You'll also get her number in the process. Go out, have fun, get to know her, concentrate on enjoying the day and then go your merry ways. Ask her out again the next time you see her at work. If she had a good time the first time, she'll say yes again. Yes, is always a good sign. Pick something fun and have a good time. Get to know her more. Do the same thing. 3rd date, take her out to something a little more intimate, in the evening. Dinner, walking through the city, pier, harbour etc. If she's down for this plan, I can confidently say, she likes you. Make sure you kiss her on this date.

Some tips..

Don't let her pay at this point, no matter what she says. Women often use this as a test and most expect you to pay. Take the safer route and just pay. If you two end up together down the road, with time you can relax up on that. Don't get into text conversations in order to get to know her. Texts should be restricted to making plans. If she wants to get to know you and talk to you, it happens in person. This way you don't kill the excitement of getting to know eachother by reducing it to a dry phone conversation, but a good memory that you two shared together.

Best of luck

- Beach

Edited by Beachead
If you like her, take the shot...ask her out.

This.

Be the man.

Ask her out. She rejects you then so what?

I'd rather take rejection than waste weeks wondering if some chick likes me or not so I can move on with my life.

Man, what are you waiting for, her to break into your home and climb naked into bed with you? She asked you to take her surfing. What's the hold up. As Fonzi once said, If you want to swim, don't sit on the beach.

• 1 month later...

Since she at least showed some interest in surfing and after you've at least gotten to know her a little, ask her if she'd like to watch "Endless Summer," the old surfing documentary and rent it from Amazon. It's one of my favorite movies of all times. It's so easy and stress-free and beautiful. You'll see pristine beaches that haven't looked that way since.