Ex texted me At 2 am

Brokenheartedman12

Brokenheartedman12

Recently a group chat was formed of old friends trying to catch up, my ex and I included due to us all starting as friends. I agreed since it would be at a public restaurant and we were going to bring our spouses. But than things got weird for me. Twice my ex privately txted me both times late at night seeing how I was doing etc no big deal. The second time was later 2am she txt me hi next morning I reply umm hey due to finding it, she replied sorry I was super drunk last night. This has me kinda uncomfortable with the whole meet up now because I think she’s over stepping boundaries, and I don’t need drama in my life or want her back in that way!

This has me kinda uncomfortable with the whole meet up

The 'meet up' group is not the problem. When you are both sober, ask her (in a nice, non-challenging, distracted, non-threatening way) to please delete your contact info from all of her devices (yes,

say it exactly like that), because you do not want her to mistakenly or misguidedly contact you while not in her full mental and emotional capacities.

Versacehottie

guessing she does still like you/want you back. for sure. you know what they say about drunk actions mirror sober thoughts or whatever that saying is! I think blocking her is extreme. I think if she drunk texts you, don't answer or answer the next day or so saying that you appreciate her saying hi and can see her in group context but otherwise the breakup was for the best and you don't want either of you to misstep or lead the other on with continued personal contact.

If you can’t handle her messaging you, how do you think meeting up is going to pan out? Block and move on.

• Author
Brokenheartedman12
If you can’t handle her messaging you, how do you think meeting up is going to pan out? Block and move on.

I don’t want her back and she contacted me a few times in group chat at normal hours but why is she txting me at 2am

• Author
Brokenheartedman12
guessing she does still like you/want you back. for sure. you know what they say about drunk actions mirror sober thoughts or whatever that saying is! I think blocking her is extreme. I think if she drunk texts you, don't answer or answer the next day or so saying that you appreciate her saying hi and can see her in group context but otherwise the breakup was for the best and you don't want either of you to misstep or lead the other on with continued personal contact.

It was just odd at late hours she txted me even drunk she should know she has a bf that wouldn’t appreciate that

It was just odd at late hours she txted me even drunk she should know she has a bf that wouldn’t appreciate that

The group chat is fine but messaging you while drunk and late at night is not. She's an ex, 2am are booty-call or "thinking about you" hours and she has a boyfriend. She crossing boundaries and she knows it.

Next time if she does this, lay this out. If she does it again after that, block and delete.

- Beach

Edited by Beachead