Coworker crush?

I have a guy at my workplace, he compliments me a lot whether it be my outfits , shoes, work, jewelry, demeanor. Am not sure if he is a really nice person who is genuine with his compliments or if I should take it as flirting. He tells me I have a great style and even notices the jewellery or shoes I wear which none of my other coworkers seem to notice.

I haven't seen him compliment anyone else at our workplace. He also offered me to help with anything I ever need even outside of work. He once was discussing how unlucky his ex is since she ended up breaking up with him and bragged about how awesome he is and how he is all settled in his job etc(this breakup was couple of years back though). He did notice I was sitting right over there, and brought up this topic with one of my coworkers who sits next to me. I tell him am looking for a house and he responds saying am looking for one too and that we should get a house together. I know it's just a slight banter that he does but I also heard him joke with his friends and me how I agreed to go to movies with him.

He once texted me saying am the nicest person he's ever met. Asked me out for lunch over the weekend and it went well, this would be our first time hanging out outside of work. However, we didn't talk a whole lot about any of our personal stuff. He gives me all these compliments, but again doesn't text me outside of work hours at all.

Is he a really nice coworker or is he hinting at something that am not seeing? I sometimes feel he likes me, but sometimes the way he always talks about work makes me wonder if he is just trying to be nice to me.

Edited by tawnyap

He is interested. But he may be the typical "nice guy" that never has the guts to ask a woman out. Instead they orbit around you, do things for you, even come to your house to help you with things. But they never have the guts to just ask you out. They will often at some point "dump all their feelings" on you, particularly if they feel threaten (such as another guy comes snooping around).

Hopefully he is not that. You will know that by him finally just asking you out. If he doesn't do that then he is what I described, and you'd probably get frustrated and bored with that after a while,...at worst you would lose respect for him and would start treating him more harshly.

Edited by PRW

Yeah. He like you. Do you like him? If you want a relationship you might have to make the first move. HOWEVER, someone from work is, IMHO, NOT a good idea! If you two do start a relationship and things go badly, you still have to see him everyday. Tread carefully!

• Author

Yeah I like him too. Not sure if he likes me though, because he never texts or talks to me outside of work. This was the only time we had gone out for lunch outside of work hours or over the weekend.

I feel like he thinks of me as a best friend, more than being interested in me. But sometimes I wonder if he likes me thinking about all the compliments he gives, subtly jokes about getting a house together and talks about his goals.

I believe he is just trying to guage to see if you are interested in him. I believe he’s interested in you but maybe he’s having a hard time trying to decide if you are girlfriend material or just a buddy.