My best friend has gf but we have our moments

Toasted_white_6

Toasted_white_6

Ok so I met this kid (I’m just gonna put him as H) last year in class and we connected really fast and two months later everyone thought we were dating but it wasn’t true. In November we went to a bonfire where it was obvious he was gonna ask me out but a friend of mine brought up something of the past that made me feel like **** and started to make me feel like I was gonna drag H down so later on the night H asked me out and I regretfully rejected him which ik broke both of our hearts. In February H had a new girlfriend and a couple of months later I had someone new but didn’t work out. During the summer I became good friends with Hs gf. Now entering senior year me and H became best friends but everyone else including teachers call us a couple or predict that we would end up getting married so we would tell them that he has a Gf and we are just friends. The we hug we have is like his arms around my waist and mine around his neck and he would lift me up till I can’t reach the floor. He’ll wait for me and either walk me to the building or class since we sometimes go the same way and he even brings me coffee and in the class together we are just goofy. Alright so yesterday we walked around the mall while his gf worked so we went to rue21 and I told him to try a dress on and he did so after that I pulled him to go look at something and ig during the move we started to hold hands but let go when we got to the jackets so while trying on jackets he started to hug me and like pick me up from the floor and we would laugh. Afterwards we went to sit on couches and just chill and I ended up somehow with my leg on top of his. Afterwards we went to his gf and since she got off her break so I told her about him trying on a dress and she wanted to see it herself so we went to a store to pick out a dress and he kept telling her he won’t do it no matter how hard she tried. She came to me and told me she didn’t understand why he did it for me but not for her and I told her Idk maybe it’s cuz of the type of dress we picked. Later on I left them alone while I walked around then he came to get me since she went back to work since ig her break ends at 7:30. He got Starbucks and we headed to Hollister since he works there and I started trying on clothes and he would wait outside for me afterwards he said let’s go for a ride maybe to the beach so we left and on the way there a fair was going on and he wanted to check it out since his gf has a bucket list of a Ferris wheel nxt to a beach but we couldn’t go since there wasn’t any parking spots. We made it to the beach and it was cold so I put my jacket on and he walked toward the board walk and he had his vape so he was using it as we walked to the sand then we walked close to the water with the wind behind us.Barley a min I see dark figures moving so I freaked out and tried to move back but he hugged me and said it was ok and that it was probably ppl having sex on the beach? I calmed down and he held onto my arm but moved so I held onto his and we walked talking about stuff but I started shivering so he took of his jacket and had me wear it but when I saw he only had a thin shirt I tried to give it back but he said no then he started moving us to the lifeguard post but said he was going to give me a piggyback ride so I allowed it. When we got to the stairs I moved to get off of him but ended falling backwards into the sand taking him with me and we broke out laughing non stop so we tried to get up but fell again. Once we got up we moved up towards the post. Then we moved the side on the right to get away from the wind but he disappeared so I looked for him only to find him on the roof so I took a video of him and lil afterwards he came down so I went to the left to look out at the waves and the lights while playing R&B 90-00s. He came nxt to me and we just started looking at the sky then he hugged me like how we usually do and we move to the music or go in circles to have a turn at the lights. He asked to move to the other side cuz he was cold so I offered his jacket but he kept saying no then he tried to break into the lounge inside but it was locked so we moved to the right side. Then he leaned against the railing and we started talking about family issues and the future. I was standing in front of him when he pulled me into another hug saying he was cold so I held him tight knowing he wasn’t going to take the jacket but we stayed like that the whole time talking about career paths and relationships when he asked me if I could see myself in this position with anyone else and I told him no not really so he asked me why did I tell him no that night at the bonfire so I told him how this kid made me feel like **** and that I was in a bigger mess than I thought it was and if I were to go into a relationship with H I would just drag him down so I told him I cared for him too much to do that so I said no and that I would regret that my whole life since I never wanted to hurt him and that was the only time I did. So he said he understood and was technically happy cuz he got his Gf but I found the situation weird cuz he’s leaning on the railing with me between his legs with his arms low on my waist and mine wrapped around his neck with like love R&B playing the in background so when he mentioned his gf I shifted away and changed the subject to theater but he pulled me closer so his nose was in the crook my of neck and his cheek almost laying on the top of my head. So if anyone where to pass by they would see like a couple in a loving embrace. We talked about theater and when was his next play so he showed me a video of it and I moved my head to the side and he moved back into my neck while I watch the video over his shoulder. After while he said it’s a good play and I agreed. So he told me he wants to do that as a career since he’s good at it but knows he can’t have that as a whole career so I told him to go with whatever he wants and he can have two jobs instead of one if he doesn’t want it as a core job. Then he started talking when I told him not to be like rude but his breath smelled like beer which was weird since he doesn’t drink so he said it’s probably the vape and I said ok but I noticed that as we were talking we got really close to each other like our noses were almost touching and to see his face I would have to cross my eyes then he went and touched my nose with his and rested his forehead against mine and we stayed like that while the play was still going on and we would talk and laugh but still stay in the same position. Then he moved to burp which I called him nasty for and started to play music again which we swayed to and found out that our like pelvic bone were touching since I could hear and feel the fabric rub against when we would sway. Then out of no where like no where asked if I ever been choked before and I told him no and this kid showed me how it felt to be choked and like where and how to move the head and if the person were to kiss my neck where he would start and move around. Idk where it came from but that was the conversation for like 15 min then we were back into the same position with our foreheads together nose touching hands around neck and waist. He moved so he could vape and asked if I wanted to try something so I said yes and he said ok when I inhale take a deep breath and when I exhale inhale it and hold it when I’m done exhale whatever you got so we tried it and he smiled when i got some of the smoke and exhaled it. Then the more we did it the closer we got to each other face where like our mouths were like | | that much apart so he moved to closer only to bop my nose with his so I did it to him and we it did back and forth lightly the more we did it then we stopped and resumed our position. After a while he asked the time and I looked to see it was 9:50 so he said let’s go back and I said ok but we stayed in the position for like two minutes before we left go and walked back to the board walk then he had his arm around my waist when he carried me bridal style back to the stairs leading to the parking lot then he put me down only to have his arm around my shoulder and mine around his waist. When we got to the car I took off his jacket and when i had my arms up he hugged me once more and we got in the car and left to the mall and right as we got into the parking lot whatever happened before or the vibe of it jus vanished. I find it weird cuz I didn’t find it normal for him to do that while he had a Gf and I mean we are like best friends but I just felt a different vibe and idk if it would just be me but I need advice cuz I’m so confused and even tho me and H are best friends I’m also really good friends with his gf.

Op, you sound like you have an intense crush. You also both sound young.

This guy is with someone else and you are friends with his gf. I believe the right thing to do is to let this go(like really just make the decision to truly get over him) but you seem too caught up in your own feelings right now to do the right thing.

Since you seem so overtaken by this crush, the next best thing to do would be to let him know how you feel. Let him choose who he wants to be with. He seems confused right now if you ask me. You don't seem to value your friendship with his gf very much otherwise you wouldn't be flirting with him so heavily. Tell him how you feel and if he chooses his gf, move on with your life. Cut contact with him if you need to do that in order to get over him. When you're over him, then you can resume your friendship if he's still interested in being friends.

• Author
Toasted_white_6

Thank you so much, I don’t have a much crush on him I just believe it’s old feelings but I’ve been keeping my distance from since then. I want to have a great friendship with his gf but this have never happened to me before so I was freaking out. Once again thank you