I don’t know how to ask him out...

Okay, basically I have parked in the same spot for 2 years for work, I usually spend my lunch breaks sitting in my car to get away from people and just have a minute to myself. During the last 3 months I have noticed a guy has chosen the same parking spot as me, he hadn’t previously parked there. At first I only noticed him because he parked badly, but it soon turned into me having a massive crush on the guy. He also seems to spend his linch break sitting in his car.

I really like him. And I want to ask him out. We have only spoken once, he knocked on my window and asked me for a lighter (and I did the same thing a day later). It’s just awkward. Like, to speak to him I would literally have to go knock on his window and start a conversation. I have thought about leaving a note with my number on it, but I am not sure how that will go down. I have had a guy leave his number on my car before, I was flattered, but not everyone would be.

If you need to know specifics, I am 23, and he looks to be in his 40s. This doesn’t bother me, my last relationship was with a 47 year old man and I much prefer older guys.

Please. Help. I don’t know what to do, and time is of the essence as I move to a new job in a few days and won’t be parking in the same place any more.

Are there picnic tables by your parking lot? If the weather is nice, tap on his window, hold up your lunch & point to a table. Ask if he wants to shake things up & join you. Talk to him. Use that time to find out if he's single. Then ask if he wants to grab a drink after work. .. . .very simple

• Author
Are there picnic tables by your parking lot? If the weather is nice, tap on his window, hold up your lunch & point to a table. Ask if he wants to shake things up & join you. Talk to him. Use that time to find out if he's single. Then ask if he wants to grab a drink after work. .. . .very simple

There is nowhere nearby to sit and have lunch, plus where I live it’s pretty cold at the moment and usually raining...

I didn't see the Manchester part. Sorry. I had a feeling this would be a bad plan in November. :(

At least start waving at him. See if you can progress to rolling down the windows & chatting through the cars.

Ok here's what you do. You get there a bit early, before he arrives, and you position yourself in front of his car door so he can't get in. Then he'll have to talk to you. And smile as he approaches. If necessary, tell him your car is not here, and oh it's so cold. If he points out your car nearby, you just have fun with that. Once he let's you sit in his car, you're in!!

leave a note under his wiper saying that you are changing jobs and would like to be friends. then write your name and number and email on the note. you might want to put the note in a clear plastic bag just in case it rains :)

• Like 1

I really like him. And I want to ask him out. We have only spoken once, he knocked on my window and asked me for a lighter (and I did the same thing a day later). It’s just awkward. Like, to speak to him I would literally have to go knock on his window and start a conversation. I have thought about leaving a note with my number on it, but I am not sure how that will go down. I have had a guy leave his number on my car before, I was flattered, but not everyone would be.

And yet he has done exactly that to go and ask you for a lighter.*

(*edit: missed the part in the brackets: YOU did exactly that to ask for a lighter!)

Park next to his car. At lunch time when you see him in the car, say to him words like: "Hey there car lunch buddy! Mind if I join?"... and sit window to window with the windows down (staying dry) and have a chat.

And that's how you work out if you actually want to date him. He might be a creep. Or he might be really cool. As is often said here, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take... then before you leave ask him to go grab lunch somewhere that isn't the car park!

Edited by snowboy91
Missed a little detail...

knock on his window and say "Hey I noticed you sitting there by yourself, mind if I join you?" or say you can come over to my car...I have some homemade cookies.....

knock on his window and say "Hey I noticed you sitting there by yourself, mind if I join you?" or say you can come over to my car...I have some homemade cookies.....

no, she would sound like a child molester if she said/did that

Pack some extra goody in your lunch like a delicious cookie or two, and tap on his window and offer him one. Maybe he will ask you to join him.

I would be flattered to be in that position. As a good bloke, I would want to know from you directly - let's go to the local pub, or whatever venue you think is comfortable.

Okay, basically I have parked in the same spot for 2 years for work, I usually spend my lunch breaks sitting in my car to get away from people and just have a minute to myself. During the last 3 months I have noticed a guy has chosen the same parking spot as me,

he hadn’t previously parked there.

He's attracted to you and he enjoys looking at you. I used to do the same in college. There was this girl I was enthralled by, and I would sit on this park bench that was near the entrance to her college building where she was going to have her classes. I would sit there eating, and I'd look at her until she'd feel someone was looking at her, and when she'd look at me I would pretend to be reading my book while eating.

That went on for a few days, a week or so, until she went ahead and approached me, asked me out, asked for my phone number and facebook, and we ended up dating :love:

At first I only noticed him because he parked badly, but it soon turned into me having a massive crush on the guy. He also seems to spend his linch break sitting in his car.
Then you know what to do! Go out there and ask him out!

I really like him. And I want to ask him out.
Then do it. He'll really appreciate it if you go through the trouble of approaching him and asking him out.

We have only spoken once, he knocked on my window and asked me for a lighter (and I did the same thing a day later). It’s just awkward. Like, to speak to him I would literally have to go knock on his window and start a conversation.
Nah. It's not awkward.It's only hard the first time, then you get used to it. You just go up there, and you knock on his window and then you say you forgot your ligther and ask him if he can borrow his, then you start talking to him. Light banter, humor, smile here and there, laugh, and then you ask him if he wants to have lunch with him.

I have thought about leaving a note with my number on it, but I am not sure how that will go down. I have had a guy leave his number on my car before, I was flattered, but not everyone would be.
haha. Nah. How will that look like? This guy will certainly find it flattering but he won't take you seriously, because if you don't have the courage to approach this guy out and talk to him, he's probably thinking you lack dating experience and he might not be interested in that.

If you need to know specifics, I am 23, and he looks to be in his 40s.
How's your relationship with your father? is he a good man? Do you have a fulfilling connection with your dad?

This doesn’t bother me, my last relationship was with a 47 year old man and I much prefer older guys.
Yeah, i dunno about that. I'm 29 years old and I already feel like a creep because 18 year old girls still notice me. I mean, I might look younger than my age, but my brain is still 29, and my emotional maturity is closer to 30 than it is to being that of a 18 year old man, you know?

I always wonder what's wrong with these girls to be checking me out when there's loads of guys their own age who aren't bad looking. Makes me feel that they have daddy issues or that they're seeking $, but I always look like I'm more poor than dirt in the way that I dress and how I dress ;)

If I was in my 40s and an(attractive) 23 year old woman was interested in sleeping with me I'd seriously question what's ''wrong'' with her to want an old man like myself, when she has lots and lots of young, hot gusy who want to sleep with her.

And there's tons of societal research done on this subject that very strongly suggest most men want women who are much younger than them, and most women want men their own age.

You wanting not only an older man but a man old enough to be your dad... :confused:

Please. Help. I don’t know what to do, and time is of the essence as I move to a new job in a few days and won’t be parking in the same place any more.
Just go up to him and start a conversation. It might feel awkward at first but the awkwardness will vanish quickly enough. Edited by sabaton
  • Author

Okay.. I did it. I initiated a conversation by asking him for a lighter again. He then asked how my day was going and what brought me to town. We were talking for like half an hour.. the way he was looking at me and smiling said he liked me as well.. so I asked him if he wanted to go for a drink. He said yes.

He has my number, but I don’t have his. I just gave him mine. He hasn’t texted yet, but he may not want to look desperate by texting the same day? I don’t know. I hope he does. But I saw him again this morning and he gave me a cheeky wave and said good morning before he headed over to work ?

• Like 1
Okay.. I did it. I initiated a conversation by asking him for a lighter again. He then asked how my day was going and what brought me to town. We were talking for like half an hour.. the way he was looking at me and smiling said he liked me as well.. so I asked him if he wanted to go for a drink. He said yes.

He has my number, but I don’t have his. I just gave him mine. He hasn’t texted yet, but he may not want to look desperate by texting the same day? I don’t know. I hope he does. But I saw him again this morning and he gave me a cheeky wave and said good morning before he headed over to work ��

I told you everything would turn out well. And even if this doesn't turn into anything, now you know you have it in you to approach a guy you are interested in :love:

Now take the next step and be the first to text him. Start talking casually and then mention something like, '' I'm catching a drink after work at this x pub, would you like to join me?'' Don't get your hopes high. If he's middle-age and he's still attractive, chances are he's either married or in a relationship, so go at it slowly.

He has my number, but I don’t have his. I just gave him mine. He hasn’t texted yet, but he may not want to look desperate by texting the same day? I don’t know. I hope he does. But I saw him again this morning and he gave me a cheeky wave and said good morning before he headed over to work ?

way to go AM, i'm so proud of you :love: