New Guy At Work

So no one gets confused, I will just say now that I am a 19 year old male. I am also a biromantic asexual (attracted to both genders romantically, emotionally, physically, but not sexually). I am not a homosexual.

I have been working at a restaurant as a Team Member for a bit less than a year now and the new guy, M has now been our Assistant Manager for three weeks. He is a really attractive, older masculine guy, tall, European, blond, blue eyes, stubble, and fit. And well I am the exact opposite, 5'6, Native American, medium length straight brown hair, brown eyes, dark tan skin, no facial hair, and very slim. Apparently I have a girly looking face, but I am a normal guy personality wise. Quite frankly as much as I hate it, I have been mistaken for female and have had a guy hit on me in the past thinking I was a girl.

Anyways, the first time I saw him and actually noticed at each other at work, he had this almost shy more like embarrassed look on his face around me? Soon we started to talk more and more and I could really see him as being a friend but I am starting to feel like I am crushing on him a bit. I not going to make a move on him because I know he is in a relationship (found out that he does have a girlfriend-he brings her up sometimes in conversation) but also because I don't really flirt (when ever I had crushes I would just stare), I have never been on a date, had a relationship, and I am a virgin.

I also found out that he is a decade + few years older than me (he looks really young for his age) and he was in a motorcycle gang :cool: and told me he will show me pictures. I am very attracted to older men and bad boys so this was the icing on the cake. He also figured out that I am Asexual, but not the fact that I am biromantic. We have a lot in common, we love food, taking pictures of nature/places, similar humors, and our personalities compliment each other. He said I was "amazing" to another coworker in front of me and I can tell he likes being around me and talking to me because he starts the quite a few of the conversations.

A couple of days ago at work he told me jokingly of course, in front of a couple of our coworkers, that I am not as "innocent as I look" that i'm a bit of a troublemaker (which i'm not) and that and I quote have a "charming face" and something to the extent of me having a charming personality as well. What does it mean to have a charming face? Does anyone know?

I really am trying to fight these feelings of interest out of respect for his relationship with his girlfriend but he is basically my type physically and mentally and that for me is extremely hard to find.

Does it seem like he is also interested in me or am I blowing this out of proportion? I would appreciate helpful advice please.

Edited by nd123

He has a GF and he's your boss. This is a non-starter. You can be friendly with him but do not lose sight of the fact that he can fire you. Friendliness is not the same the thing as a romantic interest.

• Author
He has a GF and he's your boss. This is a non-starter. You can be friendly with him but do not lose sight of the fact that he can fire you. Friendliness is not the same the thing as a romantic interest.

Thank you.