Ex comes to me for comfort

cupid_stupid

Details. My ex and I broke up at good terms, no one cheated or lied, the timing just wasn’t right. We were only together for short period of time but we instantly felt comfortable with each other from the start. We were able to talk about anything and everything and we just understand each other in a way no one else can. We stayed in touch after the breakup and I would still go to him for advice or when I just need someone to talk to.

The other day he had an emergency so I met up with him in person and we talked and talked until he was feeling better. The next day we met up again and we talked about us. He told me he still thinks about me and everything reminds him of me. Then we talked about the future and he included me in it. He also told me he never wants to see me cry or hurt me again cause it killed him to see me like that. He asked me to hug him and I did. We stayed like that for a while and he still kisses the top of my head. Then we kinda cuddled (we were out in public and I was sitting on his lap) and he was just holding me and giving me light kisses on my arm, hand, collarbone, and cheek. Don’t say that he was only trying to sleep with me cause he never once initiated that, we were just comforting each other. What does this all mean? Do we have a chance of getting back together. I know he still cares for me deeply.

Edited by cupid_stupid
D Do we have a chance of getting back together. I know he still cares for me deeply.

Do you care for him in the same way?

• Author
Do you care for him in the same way?

Yes I care about him a lot. We’re both still very much attracted to each other. We only had to break up cause we’re both really busy and our schedules were really different.

Yes I care about him a lot. We’re both still very much attracted to each other. We only had to break up cause we’re both really busy and our schedules were really different.

OMG, a serious breakup because of schedules. That's so rare. Seriously, I don't see how he can be any clearer about wanting to get back with you.

He wants ... to get back ... with you! ...

You're really doubting that?

If so, have the dang conversation! ... Get clarity! And then rock and roll.

• Like 1

Ok, a bit confused. If you can talk to each other about anything and everything shouldn’t you discuss this together?

• Like 1

It's clear he's still attracted to you and wants to be in a relationship with you. Same with you - seems like you still want to be with him. Is there any way you can compromise on your schedules so you can make time for each other? I understand it's probably career related for you both, but you'll have to seriously consider what you're willing to compromise on - would you prefer to adjust your schedule for the relationship, or would you prefer to adjust the nature of your relationship for your career? Only you have the answer to that.

Obviously you two broke up because you felt pretty clear about your scheduling difficulties. OK.

That said....

Ummm.... what the heck is the problem?

You found time to be together at the time you wrote about here. Is your life better with some times like that with this particular man? Or is it really worse because it prevents you from finding something better with someone else?

It has not been my experience that one can wave a hand at any bus stop and find a new partner/mate/lover who is just as good as another, except with a better schedule. Tell him you want to be together, and figure out some better way to work your schedules.

• Like 1