How common is casual sex, like a sport or a drug ?

Lots of people must want sex for fun, but don't have time/etc for a relationship. And don't want to pay money for it.

Why don't more people have casual sex? Why isn't there places to go like a bar, where people could have casual sex, and then go on with the daily lives ?

Is tinder for casual sex ? Does it work ? Guess it depends a lot on the culture where u live. I have no idea how many people have casual sex around here (since I'm an old beginner)

And why don't people at bars just walk around and ask if someone wants to have casual sex, that would be easier than trying to chat up a girl.

I'm serious, if I didn't expect a slap in the face or something, I think it should be easy to just get right to it and ask girls if they want casual sex, a simple yes/no question.

Edited by LordVader
  • Like 1

You are thinking like a dude. For us dudes it looks like: hydraulics + friction = yay casual sex orgasm. For women it is a completely different calculus. Let's just set aside all the mental aspects of it. Physically speaking for a woman to get off on casual sex the man has to be a generous lover, have staying power, be well equipped and know what the hell he's doing. And even if all that if there that doesn't ensure that yay casual sex orgasm.

If a woman is able to set aside all the mental stuff (wait for it) and just have the physical - why would she be down for casual sex? To take some guy home and find out he's a two pump chump or limp dick Charlie? No. That sort of womsn is far more likely to find a reliable fwb and have good sex with a dude she can count on.

So... That sort of woman isn't down for casual sex. Unless she's auditioning for her next fwb. So what type of women are down for casual sex? Usually, but not always, it is women who are looking for some sort of validation through attention. I don't mean that in a negative sense. We all want attention and sometimes that need is greater than others. Women wanting that validation can get it reliably through casual sex. For some that quest for validation is a constant state of affairs. But for many it comes and goes. So women come into and out of the casual sex realm while us guys can linger in there forever because all we are looking for is hydraulics + friction.

That being said - look at Adult Friend Finder

Edited by Mrin

I'm not interested in having casual sex with a man for whom I have no feelings/emotional connection. Partnered sex is all about having a shared experience with someone that I love, and who loves me in return.

The other BIG reason why I am not interested in casual sex, I have no desire to get an STD. Engaging in risky sex practices is just not my thing...

Hydraulics + friction does not often equal orgasm for me. If that is the ONLY reason to have sex, I would rather spend time with my vibrator. ;)

Disease and danger. People did have a lot of casual sex in the 70s, and then in the 80s, AIDs came along and it became a matter of life or death. It killed casual sex. People didn't even use condoms back then except occasionally for birth control, but mostly women just took birth control pills and no reason to use condoms.

It's different times too, with internet. For women, internet has made it even more dangerous to just go get picked up somewhere. It's too easy that you might be getting set up, entrapped, because some guy is stalking your social media. Even in the 70s, it was considered safest to have seen the guy around and asked a few people to try to be sure he wasn't known to be bad. Even then, you could still get in trouble. I've had my drink doped a number of times. Fortunately, I'm feisty and was already a lush, so it was hard to incapacitate me, but it wasn't any fun and was scary and dangerous.

So there's plenty of good reasons not to have casual sex, but as a woman I'll tell you what is probably the number one reason: The guy who is attractive enough that you feel like having casual sex with him probably isn't paying attention to you because they're working on the best looking girl in the room. Women need more than just attraction, but if the physical attraction is strong enough, they will be willing to explore that just in case it goes anywhere.

Honestly, I wish casual sex seekers could just do all that and save the rest of us the heartache. Please do be honest about exactly what you want when you approach a woman-I certainly would not be offended or put off by it as long as every single man did not approach me that way, all day long, everywhere I went.

I think you found yourself a new business niche that needs to be filled, my friend. Whorehouses. Coming soon to a city near you! haha. j/k