I like this girl but unsure

I have a crush on this girl at school who I've been quite good friends with for about 10 months. We talk almost every day at school and about 2 months ago she asked for my number.

We text every week or so but its mostly about school and i start most of them. We are both quite awkward and I don't really know how to start a conversation. All my friends say she likes me and that we are together but i think she's just being friendly.

I havent really met up with her outside of school. I want to tell her how i feel but i'm worried it might ruin our friendship.

Any advice?

Advice from an old man: I regret things I have not done a lot more than things I have done. I say go for it. It might result in temporary heartbreak, but better than wondering for the next 20 years what might have been.

• Like 2

Advice from an old woman: Don't TELL her how you feel. It's awkward. Women don't want that. Women want you to just ask them out already. Then be a grownup if she says no and don't be mad about it. After all, you've been just friends for 10 months. The longer you wait, the less chance she'll say yes. Women like confidence. Just ask her on a date. Make sure she knows it's a date. Don't do that coward thing and pretend it's not a real date. "Would you like to go to a movie Saturday? If so, what are you wanting to see?" Then you pay. Then you guide her to her seat with your hand on her back a little. Then you share popcorn. Then when you take her home, unless she's been acting distant all night, you give her a good night brief kiss on the mouth.

I would ask her out but she said to me she isnt the type of person to go out.

Okay, then that was a NO. A lame no, but a no nonetheless. She told you no. Stop wasting time on her. Find someone new to focus on. I know you're hoping it's because she's "too shy." She asked for your number. She isn't shy. She said no.