How do these types of relationships [FWB] tend to start for you?

While on the dating site, I got a match where the guy asked what I was looking for and, when I asked him back, he said he wanted something a little more than friends.

So, my curious mind went into pondering mode. How did your FWB relationships start off? Was it just friends and then some flirting happened or did some of you jump right into that? If you went right into it, were there expectations of how fast things progressed or could you actually be "real friends" too?

I've never been in this situation, so I'm pretty curious to say the least. :p

Iris The Butterfly

FWB relationships start out with sex, then you spend time together and realize you get along as friends, so you hang out as friends and have sex with no commitment. If your match says he wants to be a little more than friends, he means sex with friendship.

• Like 1
  • Author

Those were my thoughts too! I guess I'm wondering what the expectations are for that. Would the guy want me to jump his bones the first time I see him or does it vary per person? xD

He would like to have sex with you as soon as possible. Is that the type of relationship you're looking for?

He wants sex. But that's up to you (and him).

My story: My current wife and I met on OLD. Started talking and got flirty then we both agreed we were looking for sex. So if you or the other person is bold enough to say that, that's fine. Not for everyone, but it is for some people. So we met for a proper date. Had dinner. We did make out afterward but that was it. So, even though you and or the other is seeking a FWB situation, I think AT LEAST one proper date prior to jumping into the sack is fine and if he won't even do that much then he's not putting in much effort!

And, as it turned out, not only were we totally compatible in bed, after meeting for sex a few times we both realized we were very compatible otherwise and eventually started "dating" and being exclusive and three years later, married!

So FWB is fine but, who knows? Might develop into more.

• Like 1
  • Author
He would like to have sex with you as soon as possible. Is that the type of relationship you're looking for?

If my dating prospects fade out, maybe... :/ I'm really craving some physical affection nowadays.

He wants sex. But that's up to you (and him).

My story: My current wife and I met on OLD. Started talking and got flirty then we both agreed we were looking for sex. So if you or the other person is bold enough to say that, that's fine. Not for everyone, but it is for some people. So we met for a proper date. Had dinner. We did make out afterward but that was it. So, even though you and or the other is seeking a FWB situation, I think AT LEAST one proper date prior to jumping into the sack is fine and if he won't even do that much then he's not putting in much effort!

And, as it turned out, not only were we totally compatible in bed, after meeting for sex a few times we both realized we were very compatible otherwise and eventually started "dating" and being exclusive and three years later, married!

So FWB is fine but, who knows? Might develop into more.

Oh wow, an interesting story for sure! Yeah, the guy that contacted me isn't really a long-term prospect for me since he's from another country, so he won't be here for more than a few years.

Technically, I think it's probably worth it to just wait on my date prospects. It takes me a date or two to trust them enough at the very least anyway.:p