Is she interested in being more than friends or am I being too optimistic?

Hi!

So this tale begins at my new high school (11th grade).

New school, new faces, new lectures and a new cru- well, sort of. I thought she was pretty cute from the first day, but being pretty shy I never got around talking to her. Fast forward a few days later, I got her attention by answering a couple of chemistry questions. So after class she asks my name, about the books I've been reading and we have a chit-chat. I gave her my number the next day and she called me later. We also hanged out around the campus for over an hour, she even invited me to go to a food shop and grab a bite. (I declined politely, I had no spare money and was kind of sick.) We get along pretty good; she's talkative and I'm a focused listener. :3

On the other hand, half of the time our talk revolves around study material. She's pretty serious about her studies, so it could be just that she spends more time with me because she (wrongly) thinks of me being that way. It's been less than a month.

So, at this moment I'm just thinking of hanging out with her more and trying to understand her better. While she's cute, I like spending time with her and all, I don't want to ruin a good friendship by misinterpreting it. All inputs are appreciated.

Have a nice day!

P.S. I'm 18 and she's around 17.

Unless she's been using you to help her with her homework or tests, then I think she is interested in you and you should ask her out. If you think she is just using you to do her work for her, then no. Just ask her out for ice cream. Find out more about her hobbies and see if you do have things in common.

• Like 1
Unless she's been using you to help her with her homework or tests, then I think she is interested in you and you should ask her out. If you think she is just using you to do her work for her, then no. Just ask her out for ice cream. Find out more about her hobbies and see if you do have things in common.

Agreed. Have fun and don’t sweat whether she likes you or not. Be yourself, don’t obsess over it, and see where it goes. Good luck!

• Author

Thanks everyone! I think you are right, instead of obsessing over the kind of relationship I'll try to focus on making it go well. And she seems to genuinely enjoy my company instead of me being an asset. Again, have a nice day!

• Like 1