Have I lost my chance?

Just warning you this is going to be a long post. I have known this guy for about 10 years and I would see him at work once a week for 12 weeks a year. We have very similar interests and at the start he would invite me to go kayaking which we both liked. I would just like to say I’m not very good at picking up signs by the way. Anyway I just thought he was asking everybody not just me and never really thought anything of it. Then a mutual friend said I don’t know we he hasn’t got a girlfriend and that just throw me. I would then catch him looking at me and smiling etc. Because this was happening at work I felt a bit uncomfortable what if I was wrong. Anyway the years have gone on and he kisses me on the cheek when ever we meet I’ve met his family and he showed me off to them complemented me to them ie she runs an outdoor centre. We nearly kissed and we would of but it was a shock and I flinched and that’s what killed it. I invited him to an opening and he came we talked about traveling and he invited me to go to Canada with him. He sent me a message on match.com and I miss read it and replied months later. I’ve invited him on days out but he has never accepted said unfortunately I’m busy yesterday I text him if we could catch up and he said yip over the summer. I feel I’ve messed him about but it’s because I didn’t want it to be weird at work. I’ve changed jobs so this wouldn’t happen. What should I do.

Why not reach out & ask him on an actual date? Be specific not just this vague, wanna catch up over the summer. During or at the conclusion of the date, kiss him, for real. He'll take it from there.

• Like 1

I'm just trying to get the time line straight. So you worked together. For 10 years? Then you found another job? Because of him? How long ago was when he invited you to Canada? How often are you in contact? When and how did you meet his family? Why is he emailing you on match.com? When was the last time you saw him? Sorry for all the questions!

Edited by Malin889
  • Author
I'm just trying to get the time line straight. So you worked together. For 10 years? Then you found another job? Because of him? How long ago was when he invited you to Canada? How often are you in contact? When and how did you meet his family? Why is he emailing you on match.com? When was the last time you saw him? Sorry for all the questions!

I have no idea why he contact me on Match.com that was about 4 years ago last saw him about three months ago. But he came into my mind last week so I decided to text him. He replied a couple of hours later asking me how I was and I replied straight away but nothing back As for Canada it was two years ago. The problem is I don’t see him that often after the 12 weeks I think I might call and ask him. Then it comes across as it’s something concrete. What are your thoughts?

• Author
Why not reach out & ask him on an actual date? Be specific not just this vague, wanna catch up over the summer. During or at the conclusion of the date, kiss him, for real. He'll take it from there.

I think I might, I have nothing to loose.

• Like 1
I have no idea why he contact me on Match.com that was about 4 years ago last saw him about three months ago. But he came into my mind last week so I decided to text him. He replied a couple of hours later asking me how I was and I replied straight away but nothing back As for Canada it was two years ago. The problem is I don’t see him that often after the 12 weeks I think I might call and ask him. Then it comes across as it’s something concrete. What are your thoughts?

What does “after the 12 weeks I think I might call and ask him” mean? I’m not following. How was it the last time you saw him? What did you do? Did you spend time alone together? How did he act?

• Author
What does “after the 12 weeks I think I might call and ask him” mean? I’m not following. How was it the last time you saw him? What did you do? Did you spend time alone together? How did he act?

I only see him once a week for 12 weeks over a year ie Jan to March. I don’t spend much time alone with him because he works for an outdoor centre and brings 30 children with him to my centre. The times we have been alone he’s either tried to kiss me or asked me to go to Canada. I haven’t seen him for a while as his centre doesn’t use my centre anymore which he isn’t happy about. I might call him to ask him out on date.