LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Am I being groomed for a threesome?

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2018, 11:31 PM   #1
Established Member

I am 30 years old and work in sales. A woman, about 45 recently joined. We hit it off really well and got along great. We went out for coffee during the day and we "accidentally" ran into her husband at the coffee place. She said she "forgot" its his regular spot. (I thought that might be a way for him to sign off on me). He said that she "always tells me the best part of her day, the worst part of her day, and the bright spot, and you're always the bright spot."

She then invited me to her family Christmas, and her whole family knew I was coming and were looking forward to seeing me.

She is very flirty and touchy when we talk, lightly touching my arm and back, or lightly holding my hand when we talk.

Any thoughts?
Mark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 12:09 AM   #2
Established Member

Possibly, it all sounds a bit weird. All fine if you're into that sort of thing and not worried about awkwardness at work. Not so fine if you were being groomed for something more sinister.
MsJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 3:14 AM   #3
Established Member

Still bit early to say...
Old 28th February 2018, 3:44 AM   #4

As someone who was "groomed" for it, it's definitely something that is suspicious. I've had a lot of... open-marriage couples trying that on me for some weird reason, soooooo even though it's a bit early to tell - trust your instincts.
Old 28th February 2018, 5:15 AM   #5
Established Member

They could be grooming you for a lot worse than a threesome. Have you watched "Get Out"?
dude360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 6:58 AM   #6
Established Member

One thing l learned very early in life , stay the hell away from touchy feely older women , especially married ones.
There's usually nothing innocent about it you can bet on that.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 7:41 AM   #7
Established Member

Possibly, but difficult to say for sure. The key to this is what do you want, if your intuition is correct? If you are interested or curious, go with it. If not, distance yourself and do not accept invitations that aren't work-related.
central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 8:44 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude360 View Post
They could be grooming you for a lot worse than a threesome. Have you watched "Get Out"?
ROFL!!!! That's classic. And so true.

Rule #528: of things that will never happen in REAL life....Or shouldn't.

Maybe, you should just ask the ole' gal for a time with the hubby. Maybe a beer and a game. Find out from him....
BarbedFenceRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 8:53 AM   #9
Established Member

So the family is grooming you too ? sounds like they would have to be in on the 3some grooming if that what this all is.

No...

Sounds like she is flirty and has weak boundary's, maybe she is going to set you up with a friend of hers or something or maybe they just have an open marriage.
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 9:03 AM   #10

Since this has been going on since before Christmas, I donít think so. I think you would know by now.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 9:37 AM   #11
Established Member

OP, if I had a nickel for that kind of stuff....

It's just normal MW stuff. They like a little fun and titillation and if they find a guy who'll play along without feeling them up or getting territorial it can go quite a long ways.

Plain sight is often the most stimulating.

If a true threesome was on the table it would be more deliberate and the husband would be more forward about things. That's my .02. Good luck!
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 9:59 AM   #12
Established Member

Perhaps the old lady is bi and wants you all to herself
Old 28th February 2018, 5:04 PM   #13
Established Member

The other day we spoke on the phone for an hour!
Mark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 5:29 PM   #14
Established Member

I must be very naÔve but how did you make a link between coffee, to Christmas to a threesome? I don't see it at all. Where is your mind?

If you think the situation is odd, just put some more space in here. You work with her. Nothing says you have to interact in any way after hours.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 6:40 PM   #15
Established Member

Are you down for a threesome? Because seriously, nobody can force you into a threesome without your consent. The way that you ask if you are being "groomed" makes it sound like you have no control in this decision.

Although, I will say that I think you are making a bit of a leap here. Her behavior is a little odd and inappropriate, but so is yours when you say you spoke on the phone for an hour like its a good thing.

Last edited by BaileyB; 28th February 2018 at 6:58 PM..
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote