LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

"shoulder massage"

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2018, 5:38 PM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Iíve known guys that do that shoulder massage thing, they just randomly come up and start massaging a strangerís shoulders. They usually do it to anyone whenever the urge comes. It really means nothing except that they donít believe in the concept of personal space.

I know lots of people who do this is purely social situations. I used to be one of them.

But there is a time & a place for everything. For this guy to do this to the OP in front of the OP's boss was wrong. It doesn't matter that this happened at a party in a restaurant. The boss was hosting. This was more a work event then anything else.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 3:31 AM   #32
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Iíve known guys that do that shoulder massage thing, they just randomly come up and start massaging a strangerís shoulders. They usually do it to anyone whenever the urge comes. It really means nothing except that they donít believe in the concept of personal space.
BS. There were many people around and other people at the same table with the OP. He went to her only. Twice. This is by no means random. Sorry. If he said: "I didn't even realize", I wouldn't buy it.
Also, if you only pick a woman to do that and you'd never even think of doing that to another guy, that by itself means that it's not random.

So, think about this: he wouldn't make another man uncomfortable, but - for some reason - he couldn't care less if he makes a woman uncomfortable. This is the quintessence of double standards.
justwhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 3:51 AM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_7 View Post
Hi! To answer some of your queries, it was not in an office setting. It was the graduation of our managerís son so he booked a private room in one of the restos in the city. The guy was not able to join us due to work conflicts but still he stopped by to pay his respects to our manager. And no, he is not married or dating anyone at the moment. I hope this helps.

honestly i don't know the guy so if he was doing a power play or not you might though is he like that?...the fact you state that that the room was your managers sons graduation.....for me makes it informal.....you guys get together informally and hang out afte rwork ..invite each other to family things etc....

he did seem to single you out....and unless he is a total dick he probably likes you..i do think it was a bold move ...what i am really curious about ......is how did you feel about him doing that to you?..did you feel he crossed boundaries or were you pleasantly surprised and felt alright about it........thats whats important i guess...for me i would have found it awkies...but how did you feel...deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote