LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Found out Dad I was interested in is married?!

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree519Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2018, 7:06 AM   #16
Established Member

I suppose I don't quite understand why it would matter if he is attracted to you.

He's married and not an option. Or is this an ego-booster for you?

Surely if you are that attractive, you have other prospects?
Old 10th January 2018, 7:12 AM   #17
Established Member

Spend some time on the "other woman" board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourneWicked View Post
It's like those horror movies where they run up the stairs and into a room full of chainsaws. It's so clear, everyone sees it but you.
Old 10th January 2018, 7:13 AM   #18
Established Member

Not anyone nť whoís not a jerk, or a narcissist, or, now in this case, married. Itís already very difficult for me to find a man attractive, and when I do, he turns out to be married!

I shouldnít have to defend why I want to know if heís acting on his interest - isnít this what forums like this are for, to get other peopleís opinions? Thanks to everyone who has answered already!
Old 10th January 2018, 7:15 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
Spend some time on the "other woman" board.

Haha, this is funny!! Thanks.

I understand what youíre saying. Am I allowed to post this somewhere else?
Old 10th January 2018, 8:30 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJacobs View Post
Now, is this how married men flirt? I found out through a friend that heís married and even though I donít want to start anything, I need to know if I should cool things off a little - we have emailed back and forth and Iíve noticed some behavior from him then too. Or misbehavior, I should say.

I think whatís been most blatant is the staring. But thatís harmless, right? Guys stare at me all the time and since I donít reciprocate, thatís where it ends. Is he a harmless married man?
I can't believe you even started a thread about this MM. Once you found out he was married that should be the end of it. Of course you should cool it if he is married. Did you not know that?
Old 10th January 2018, 11:23 AM   #21
Established Member

As a man who was married for 25 years I can say that flirting doesn't always mean anything. I used to flirt with women at work a lot. But only after I got to know them and they understood it was fun and would flirt back. I think once a person is married and, therefore, not looking for a relationship, flirting is actually easier. No "skin in the game" so it's just fun. No pressure. If you are a model, maybe it's just an ego boost for him to flirt with you.

So, as long as it doesn't go any farther, I wouldn't be too worried about it. If he ever suggests actually getting together, you need to shut it down immediately. Either that, or become the other woman.
Old 10th January 2018, 9:46 PM   #22
Established Member

No, he's not harmless and I strongly advise you against becoming the other woman as your title suggests you are considering.

He told you he's ready for bed.
Old 10th January 2018, 9:47 PM   #23
Established Member

I see you keep posting about this same issue.
Old 10th January 2018, 9:54 PM   #24
Established Member

What do you get from the attention of a man who is married? This is a married man who is making plays at you. Do you find this flattering? A married man making moves on me makes me feel cheap. He's a scum bag and he must think very lowly of me.

If you are ready for the worst years of your life, by all means proceed.
Old 10th January 2018, 9:59 PM   #25
Established Member

My MM preyed on me for 3 weeks, your MM sounds just like mine did, yes, you will become the OW, you already know this! Stop it now, otherwise you will be so sorry you did, take the advice from the people here on LS that have been there, done that! Sounds like your already in the ďfogĒ, you need to get out, saw your other thread so obviously this has been on your mind and you keep thinking of him, am I right? Your headed into a tsunami, get control of yourself now before you make a huge mistake. Praying for you.
Old 10th January 2018, 10:07 PM   #26
Established Member

I don't know, are you going to become the other woman?

You tell us, because you are the person who makes the decisions.

Is this what you choose for your life?

Last edited by BaileyB; 10th January 2018 at 10:11 PM..
Old 10th January 2018, 10:12 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starswillshine View Post
What do you get from the attention of a man who is married? This is a married man who is making plays at you. Do you find this flattering? A married man making moves on me makes me feel cheap. He's a scum bag and he must think very lowly of me.

If you are ready for the worst years of your life, by all means proceed.
Clearly, she is enjoying the attention. It's almost like OP is looking for permission to go for it...
Old 11th January 2018, 5:40 AM   #28
Established Member

I don't know. Are you? It's in your hands and your hands only. Do you want to? From all I have read here it will get harder to get out of it later so make your mind up
Old 11th January 2018, 7:23 AM   #29
Established Member

Thank you, everyone.

Some sobering posts. I do think about him a lot, it started when I thought he was single too, since he doesnít wear a wedding ring! Now that Iíve found out heís married, it hasnít stopped. Iím really attracted to him and itís very difficult for me to even find a man attractive! This bums me out.

Do you guys really think the ďIím ready for bedĒ was suggestive? I mean, I thought so, but then talked myself out of it by saying that he as probably just tired, it was our first weeknight practice. But then again, he could have just said he was tired... And the way he was smiling as he said it... Need to get that out of my head.

You know that feeling you have when someone is into you? Thatís what I have! I think heís interested, and Iím afraid of doing something like that because I never have, so couldnít it be that heís just being friendly?
Old 11th January 2018, 9:14 AM   #30
Established Member

There are attractive single men everywhere. You just refuse to look.