Hopelessly in love

I have found myself in a situation, I have been good friends with this girl for the last 2 years and in the last 3-4 months I have found myself hopelessly in love with her, we are both 18 and both finishing school within the year to go to university but this yearning to be with her has resulted in me developing habits that are detrimental to my future, I am not able to focus as before and I am finding it hard to keep on top of my schoolwork, my grades aren't slipping yet but if I carry on as I am now I can see my grades slipping to below A*'s. Should I just go ahead and confess my love to her or should I keep my feelings hidden away? I know it seems like an obvious question but I am new to the discombobulating game of love and would really appreciate any advice.

p.s. I have a strong feeling that she harbours similiar feelings for me as she always wants to go out and do things with me and we do end up keeping good conversation for hours on end most days after school.

Hmm. This could be tricky. I've been in a similar situation before and my fear was telling him how I felt... him not feeling the same way and our friendship is ruined. But you did say she seems to have feelings for you as well so maybe it would be best to tell her how you feel!

• Like 1
  • Author

I feel like she likes me, we are always talking and doing stuff together, we have been out to eat thrice in the last 2 months, spend 6 days of the week together on average and are always together, as you said the fear of losing this amazing friendship is the real problem as in the worst possible situation I would have lost her completely but in the best possible situation I would have my dreams realised and would be together with her. It is all just so confusing. :eek: . I think I am going to tell her this coming Friday.

• Like 1

For the betterment of your schooling and beyond, you need to have an honest talk with her to discover how each of you feel towards each other. Understand each other's expectations and free your mind up with the reality of your relationship.

• Like 1
healing light

Just tell her you've developed feelings for her and ask her if she's ever considered having something more with you. You have nothing to lose. No sense in torturing yourself in the meantime. Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Author

It went successfully, I asked her out and she said yes, I cannot thank you enough for giving me support when I needed it and I will probably be shutting this post down soon. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like 3
It went successfully, I asked her out and she said yes, I cannot thank you enough for giving me support when I needed it and I will probably be shutting this post down soon. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Great!!! Very happy for you. Nothing better than dating your best friend, there really is nothing like it.

Have fun...