LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Why Does She Act Like This?

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th November 2017, 9:11 AM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkc2 View Post
it's suppose to be a joke. We have technically hung out/ gone on a date. I've tried my best to appear like I'm not interested so if i did say that she might take it as I'm now interested? I could always back peddle out of it though.
So are you interested or not?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 9:23 AM   #32
Established Member

Yes I am not clear by your statement. Are you interested in her or not?
mortensorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 9:30 AM   #33
Established Member

I think I am. I've just been pretending not to be. She's just been very aggressive with me and I thought she might be trying to love bomb me. I sensed that from the beginning so I decided to keep my distance and tread lightly. Maybe I miss all the attention and her blowing up my phone. She's definitely not MIA but the obsessive behavior has died down.
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 9:32 AM   #34
Established Member

You missed the boat on the cocky / witty response. Anything sent more than 5 minutes later is well thought out & contrived.

"A piece of ass" is simply crude. It also implies that it's not about your desire for her. "Her ass" said in the moments after the text was sent would be vulgar but would at lease be about her not just some desire on your part to have sex with anyone.

At this point, I'd keep it PG rated because it's too late to go hard core sexual. My inclination is to say something about wanting to meet her under some mistletoe. If you want to press your luck say something like the chance to kiss her at midnight on NYE somewhere private. My way you get a date for New Years -- whether you go out together or stay in to be determined.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 9:43 AM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
You missed the boat on the cocky / witty response. Anything sent more than 5 minutes later is well thought out & contrived.

"A piece of ass" is simply crude. It also implies that it's not about your desire for her. "Her ass" said in the moments after the text was sent would be vulgar but would at lease be about her not just some desire on your part to have sex with anyone.

At this point, I'd keep it PG rated because it's too late to go hard core sexual. My inclination is to say something about wanting to meet her under some mistletoe. If you want to press your luck say something like the chance to kiss her at midnight on NYE somewhere private. My way you get a date for New Years -- whether you go out together or stay in to be determined.
I agree. Although I think there is a good chance she would be probably smile at the ass comment, it's been over 72 hours since she sent and I don't think it would have the same effect. The other thing I could say is that we have this inside joke where she thinks I have a nice fat ass. She's told me and other people, has touched it several times, taken a video of it and sent it to me at a later date, etc. I could tell her butt injections so my butt is bigger than hers? I'm not sure.

Just to clear things up I'm a guy and I work out. Hence the nice round firm butt lol
Old 26th November 2017, 9:44 AM   #36
Established Member

How old are you two?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 9:48 AM   #37
Established Member

I'm 23 and she is 19. One of the reasons I've kept my distance. But at the same time you can't help who you're attracted to.
Old 26th November 2017, 10:42 AM   #38
Established Member

I could have guessed you were those ages / that you were young based on the banter. Having this is mind ...

If you like her, keep your reply classy and not trashy. Even if you don't like her THAT WAY keep it classy not trashy.
mortensorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 10:57 AM   #39

Be mature about it. Ask her out on a real date. Get to know here. Sex will come . You either want sex or a relationship with this girl. Choose one. She is young so be careful (I know you are young too). But at 19, she's at an age where there will be plenty of guys for her to explore. Just be prepared for that.
ktmiller222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 11:17 AM   #40
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmiller222 View Post
Be mature about it. Ask her out on a real date. Get to know here. Sex will come . You either want sex or a relationship with this girl. Choose one. She is young so be careful (I know you are young too). But at 19, she's at an age where there will be plenty of guys for her to explore. Just be prepared for that.
Really not trying to just bang her. I think that's definitely what she wants though. I've never been the one to just hook up with girls even though I very well could if I wanted to and she knows this. I think that makes myself somewhat of a challenge to her. I'm not easy, I'm not easily impressed either. This could explain her endearment towards me.
Old 26th November 2017, 11:27 AM   #41
Established Member

You're waiting far too long to respond. 72 hours now? You need to step it up if you want this to go somewhere.

I agree with the others, don't go for the frat-boy "a piece of ass" reply.

If you want to ask her out, now would be the time to ask for a date for Christmas. The ship is going to sail otherwise. Trying to be a challenge is one thing, but she will eventually tire of it if she starts getting attention from someone else.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 12:19 PM   #42
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatInItaly View Post
You're waiting far too long to respond. 72 hours now? You need to step it up if you want this to go somewhere.

I agree with the others, don't go for the frat-boy "a piece of ass" reply.

If you want to ask her out, now would be the time to ask for a date for Christmas. The ship is going to sail otherwise. Trying to be a challenge is one thing, but she will eventually tire of it if she starts getting attention from someone else.
We have hung out multiple times outside of work. One time we actually hung out in my car at night for 6 hours and just talked. I do give her attention just in person or at work. I'm not very good at texting. I find it annoying and hard to really connect with someone through text.

Could I respond with just "You"? Even though it's been 3 days.
Old 26th November 2017, 12:21 PM   #43
Established Member

Quote:
Could I respond with just "You"? Even though it's been 3 days.

Yes, but that would have been more effective 3 days ago. Better late then never.
Old 26th November 2017, 12:27 PM   #44
Established Member

Would it be bad to say "you" followed up with a "whoops sorry wrong person".

Since she started showing interest in me I have given her a hard time. Teasing her and kinda just being a dick. She knows I'm joking cause she feeds into so I feel like if I said that she would know I'm lying anyways and play into.
Old 26th November 2017, 12:46 PM   #45
Established Member

Quote:
Would it be bad to say "you" followed up with a "whoops sorry wrong person".

That would be terrible. Don't do it.

In person if she could see you wink or grin or some other non-verbal thing to negate the words it might be a OK tease. Over text, even with an emoji it will be very very bad. Don't do it.