LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Why Does She Act Like This?


Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree54Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th September 2017, 4:26 PM   #16
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
So yesterday she seemed upset and I asked her what was wrong and she wouldn't tell me anything at first. Then she started talking and asked why I was being this way and I told her that I'm always like this. She then told me that I never added her back on snapchat when she wrote her username down on a piece of paper for me, when I asked for it. (She did this weeks ago) Trying to not come across as a dick I told her that I lost it or it might be on my dresser at home and she said " is that where you keep all the girls snapchat names/ numbers that you get?
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 4:56 PM   #17
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
I should also note that I told her I would find it and add her. Apparently that wasn't acceptable because later that night she asked a coworker for it and added me.
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 8:05 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 24
Yes girls can be forward. I was forward at her age. What I don't like is you leading her on, that is just downright cruel. Is it for your amusement? If so you're a d*** no matter in this situation.

Just let her know you're not interested. It's better then playing with her emotions.
limichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 9:11 PM   #19
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
Honestly I'm not trying to lead her on. I'm sorry if it appears like it. I'm not honestly sure what I want and that's why I have been kinda cold towards her.

I've always had trouble expressing my feelings and it always appears like I'm being an ******* but that isn't my intention.
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2017, 12:16 AM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 25
This girl is definitely interested and is not shy to tell you so. If you guys have not gone out or done anything intimate (like a kiss, had very personal conversations, etc) she must just be very emotional, or she's really trying hard to get your attention. I know that I told a guy I loved him a while after he kissed and we had talked about things together and he was feeding me a whole bunch of compliments and promises.

I've known girls in school who gets very fixated on a guy they don't even know that well, some of them are more forward about it and some just hide it. I'd stay away from her if I were you and not tell her too much about yourself, and definitely do NOT tell her who you find attractive. Some girls (and guys too) go psycho with that.
N2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2017, 10:13 AM   #21
Established Member
 
smackie9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surrey BC Canada
Posts: 13,077
So what do you want out of this? For her to stop being so forward with you? You want to date her? Don't want to date her? What's yer deal?
__________________

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 9:54 AM   #22
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
For right now just to be friends, possibly more. Yesterday things where slow so we had some time to talk and she hesitantly told me that she wanted to ask me a question. So I said go ahead and she got all giggly and shy and told me that when she goes home she talks about work to her friends and how I do all these funny and interesting things at work. Honestly none of the things I do are that interesting.

According to her and I sorta doubt this based on her demeanor, her "friend" or so she claims wanted to know if I was single. My immediate reaction was nope not interested, etc because I have no idea who this girl is and honestly there is no way a girl I never met before is gonna like me based on a couple stories her friend told her.

She kept asking me all morning why I said no to her friend and asked if I had a gf to which I said maybe. She also kept bugging me about adding her back on a snapchat which I finally did. No signs of Her appearnt "friend" that wanted to know if I was single. I honestly think she made her "friend" up but I didn't want to call her out on it.

I also went and got her lunch so I'm making progress
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 8:00 AM   #23
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
I didn't check my phone all day yesterday and she sent me snap with a picture of her car and where we would normally park with a question mark drawn in where my car normally would be. The caption was "sad Sunday and Monday". My days off are Sunday and Monday. I'm thinking about doing the same thing to her tomorrow? Maybe park where she normally parks
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 9:23 AM   #24
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 91
of course there is no "friend" she is asking for HERSELF dude!

She has an obvious crush on you. You either need to do something about it quick if you aren't interested because if you don't she is going to blow up on you.
soret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 1:43 PM   #25
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by soret View Post
of course there is no "friend" she is asking for HERSELF dude!

She has an obvious crush on you. You either need to do something about it quick if you aren't interested because if you don't she is going to blow up on you.
What do you mean blowup?

I didn't respond to her last snap about me not being there but I would have thought she would be blowing up my phone like she kinda acts towards me in person.
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 5:42 PM   #26
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
I figured I would come back here and post an update. Over the course of the last month and a half this girl has been rather aggressively pushing for me to see her in some type of way. One night she texted saying "I'm gonna be straight. Are you into me? Do you look at me a certain way? If yes don't be afraid to tell me yes. If no thats fine I just really gotta know." Given how aggressive she has been towards me I responded by saying "yeah, I like you. You are the sister I never had". I did not say this to hurt her or reject but as way to try to tone down her rather aggressive pursuit of me.

We have since then hung out multiple times. The 1st time was when I invited her to a party where we spent a limited amount of time there before we left and spent the rest of the night talking in my car. I think we hung out a total of 8 hours that time. She did seem annoyed with the fact that I had stuff in the back seat of my car.

The thing that has me somewhat concerned is about a post in another thread regarding "love bombing". I looked it up and for the most part this girl has displayed all the signs of it.

I should note that she has been pretty good to me. She has paid for some of meals and food. She has also offered me gas money, which I did not accept.

She appears to really care for me and I guess her actions do back it up but at the same time I'm still skeptical about her and this whole situation.

Yesterday, we went to a football game and she asked me if she is wasting her time by being into me. Which I responded by saying "can't we just be friends". I did text her a little while ago and asked her what her intentions are and she said "My intentions are to have a good time with each other. Make each other laugh. Try new things. I just want to do life with you. Like I just want to get to know you better. Other than that, I don't know.

I know I'm probably going to get a lot of backlash for this but at the same time IDK how somebody can be so head over heels for somebody they don't really even know.
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 12:45 PM   #27
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkc2 View Post
I figured I would come back here and post an update. Over the course of the last month and a half this girl has been rather aggressively pushing for me to see her in some type of way. One night she texted saying "I'm gonna be straight. Are you into me? Do you look at me a certain way? If yes don't be afraid to tell me yes. If no thats fine I just really gotta know." Given how aggressive she has been towards me I responded by saying "yeah, I like you. You are the sister I never had". I did not say this to hurt her or reject but as way to try to tone down her rather aggressive pursuit of me.

We have since then hung out multiple times. The 1st time was when I invited her to a party where we spent a limited amount of time there before we left and spent the rest of the night talking in my car. I think we hung out a total of 8 hours that time. She did seem annoyed with the fact that I had stuff in the back seat of my car.

The thing that has me somewhat concerned is about a post in another thread regarding "love bombing". I looked it up and for the most part this girl has displayed all the signs of it.

I should note that she has been pretty good to me. She has paid for some of meals and food. She has also offered me gas money, which I did not accept.

She appears to really care for me and I guess her actions do back it up but at the same time I'm still skeptical about her and this whole situation.

Yesterday, we went to a football game and she asked me if she is wasting her time by being into me. Which I responded by saying "can't we just be friends". I did text her a little while ago and asked her what her intentions are and she said "My intentions are to have a good time with each other. Make each other laugh. Try new things. I just want to do life with you. Like I just want to get to know you better. Other than that, I don't know.

I know I'm probably going to get a lot of backlash for this but at the same time IDK how somebody can be so head over heels for somebody they don't really even know.
She’s infatuated with you. I had a friend of mine be infatuated over a girl for about a year and he never knew her. I assuming she is very attracted to you. She seems to love your personality and she must think you’re really attractive. She seems to want to build a relationship with you, the signs are all there. Most girls play games and play hard to get. This girl is straight up throwing herself at you. That is hard to come by and you should take this opportunity, unless you don’t want to, then again you said she was hot so why not!
Jxmpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 8:50 AM   #28
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
What is a good reply to this text message?

I've been talking to this girl for a couple of months and there is just so much sexual tension between us that its almost unreal. coworkers making comments etc etc.

Anyway she texted the other night asking me what I wanted for christmas I have yet to respond to her and would like a cocky/witty response. I have tried to keep her at bay by telling her we should just be friends when she tells me she is into me and wants to be more than friends.

I was thinking of saying "a piece of ass" or "just you" but I feel like that might be too much. I have told her that I don't like when people buy me gifts and things so its odd that she is offering to buy me a gift for xmas
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 9:00 AM   #29
Established Member
 
CautiouslyOptimistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 4,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkc2 View Post
I've been talking to this girl for a couple of months and there is just so much sexual tension between us that its almost unreal. coworkers making comments etc etc.

Anyway she texted the other night asking me what I wanted for christmas I have yet to respond to her and would like a cocky/witty response. I have tried to keep her at bay by telling her we should just be friends when she tells me she is into me and wants to be more than friends.

I was thinking of saying "a piece of ass" or "just you" but I feel like that might be too much. I have told her that I don't like when people buy me gifts and things so its odd that she is offering to buy me a gift for xmas
Classy.

How about just asking for a date?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 9:10 AM   #30
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
Classy.

How about just asking for a date?
it's suppose to be a joke. We have technically hung out/ gone on a date. I've tried my best to appear like I'm not interested so if i did say that she might take it as I'm now interested? I could always back peddle out of it though.
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 7:51 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.