is he jealous or am I reading this wrong?

strawberry17

I am in an awkward position where I am not sure whether one of my friends from my workplace fancies me. We are very close and we usually used to talk about dating and people we fancied etc. In the past few months we have grown closer and I have started noticing what I think is a sexual tension between us, slightly more flirtatious talks etc.A coupe of weeks ago I messaged him about this guy I found cute and normally we would talk/give each other advice but he just ignored my message and never replied to it. I wouldn't think too much of it and I would brush it off as just a coincidence if he hadn't done that since, but everytime I mention someone even jokingly, without any purpose behind it, he ignores it, looks uncomfortable or laughs awkwardly. He clearly doesn't feel comfortable discussing other people I might be romantically interested in even though we used to do this all the time. The other day, a friend of my sister's asked me out and I told him, and he started asking me very quickly who that person was, but then he sort of laughed and said that maybe I should have accepted the invitation as it might have been a funny story. I don't know what to think now, maybe I am overthinking the jealousy thing and he doesn't actually care if I see other people? Or he is just testing me trying to gauge my reaction/interest in other people? It always feels a bit awkward now when I mention anything to do with romantic relationships and he doesn't really want to talk about this. If I talk on the phone to someone mentioning dinner and he overhears, he asks me who I am talking to, even if it's just a female friend, and if I happen to go for a lunch break for a bit and come back later he always asks me where I have been/with whom, which he didn't use to do before. I did think he was showing signs of jealousy but I was surprised at how flippant he was the other day about the previously mentioned episode.

Well, he's a man and he likes you, so I'm sure he does get tired and maybe jealous of hearing about your conquests. You gave no indication if you like him romantically or not, but if so, stop unloading on him about other guys. In fact, even if you don't like him except a friend, stop it because he's shown you he'd rather you didn't with the way he is now acting.

If you like him, tell him you want to date and stop talking to him about guys. He might have liked you that way at first and stopped liking you after hearing all these gossip stories.