Doubts about a guy's sexuality

First of all, sorry for my english (English is not my mother tongue). Also, I may have to write a lot to explain my situation, but I will try to resume it as most as I can. To the story make sense, I also have to say that I am a man.

I met a guy around 6 months ago. We are both members of a Soccer Team Forum. I would always see him posting, but we never talked with each other. One day, I found his Facebook Profile and added him, but he never accepted, so I decide to let it go. But one day, while chatting on the forum, one of the members asked my age, and I said that I would not say it. That is when the guy that I added posted: ''We all know that you are 24yo''. I told him ''How do you know that? Have you been stalking me?'' and he said ''I am not a staker, you are the one that added me on Facebook''.

At the same moment, he added me on Facebook, started a chat through there and said : ''Bet you are stalking me right now''. I laughed and said that I have already found his Instagram, and he asked for mine, so ''he could stalk me too''. He told me that I was older than him, and out of the blue, he said ''If we had hookup in the beggining of the year, it would be pedophilia, did you think about that?''. I got confused, but did not say anything, just laughed. I asked him about an ex girlfriend of him that he mentioned in the forum once, and he laughed and said that ''It was just a lie, it was all made up''. This is only the beggining of the story, there is more and I will let you know, but first I would like some opinions, he never mentioned, but It seemed to me like he was gay, I don't see why he would say those things unless he was trying to give me a sign..But the thing is that he also mentioned being with girls and stuff like that. That is getting me really confused. I know that I also did not make it clear that I am gay but he also did not. Do you guys think that I am making things up or is there a chance of him being gay to according to the things he said?

• Author
Need rest of your story

We never said nothing about us liking boys, even tho we mentioned some girls we've hooked up with. The strange thing is that we've been talking like we have something. We started talking about our favorite series, he watched some of mine and I watched some of yours. Somedays we would spent the whole day talking about random stuff, till late night. Also share songs, I tell him some musics for him to listend and give me his opinion and he would do the same. Things have been going like this for months. When we go out to places like bar, we keep talking about the beers and the songs (Two things that we both like a lot). What I find weird is that even when he is out with friends in places like that, he prefers to keep chatting. Many times while he is drinking at a bar that we both like, he text me and tells me to go to his city, so we can go there together. That gets me very confused. I've never met or talked with another guy before, I really don't know how people act in those situations, all I know is that we have never been clear about nothing, but there are some situations that I see as ''signs'' that he was giving me. But since I am depressive and have been taking medicines, I sometimes think that I am making this whole thing in mind. That he is just a nice guy that I met and that I am seeing things the wrong way.

• Author

Also, we live in different cities. And I was going to visit his city in Setempber for business. I asked him how the city was like..places to visit..And he told me that If I would go there, we could go out for a few drinks.

I went there, and the first day we met we went to watch a Soccer Game together. Since he was studying, we could not go out at night again till friday night, so I stayed doing random stuff, going to places that he would recommned. One day, I told him that I was going to the movies (expectating him to undestand it as a ''Wanna come?'') but he only said that he had class. In the same day, when I was already at the movies, he texted me asking where I were, and I told him. He said ''If you were a nice guy you would wait for me, I just left class :( '' I told him that I had invited him before and he said that he did not undestood that way. Anyway, we said that we would go out some other day..We went to a few places together, a Candy Shop, Ice Cream Store..But on Friday, the day that we were supposed to go out for drinks, he texted me saying that he would not be able to go, for having a fight with his mom (She is very overprotective, he made that clear long before)...That drove me very sad, because he only said it like 2 hours before the time we were supposed to meet, and It sounded like a lame excuse at the moment. I said it was fine, and tried not to keep talking with him, but he would not stop messaging me, saying he was sorry, that If he could he would go even if hidden. I just felt like he did not want to go out.

• Author
Sounds gay to me -- or bi. Maybe bi. Why don't you just ask him.

Even tho I like him in that way, I also like what we have now. And I am afraid of loosing it. I know it is lame but sometimes I feel like having some of him ( like I have now) is better than risking telling him I like him and ended up having none of him.

Well, nothing is going to move fast anyway if he's still under his mother's thumb. I hope neither of you is underaged because that could of course be a problem.

Just stay in touch but ONLY if he is as considerate as you are. Don't just keep trying to stick to him if he should keep making excuses or standing you up or whatever. Not worth it. Time better spent with a nicer guy.

• Author

No we are not. He turned eighteen in the year we met, I was already nineteen. That is why he made the joke about pedophilia.

Anyway, guess there is no need for this topic to be here anymore. I made the whole thing in my mind. Was seeing what I wanted to see..Again. Even tho I could see the reality, my mind wanted something else. Talking with him today, and he told me I got things wrong. But that It was okay, that we were friends. What only kills me even more. Can't be close of him. So selfish I know, guy tells me the true and say it is ok and all I wanna do is force myself to let go so I won't suffer. Anyway, thanks anyone for the help.

Miss Clavel

what is the reason that you can not come out and ask for/find the relationship you want?

there is an old saying down here: "nothing ventured, nothing gained".

protect yourself in the clinches but..if you want something you have to try.

good luck