Do I need new friends?

I'm in need of some advice... so, I have a small group of girl friends, one who I have known for almost my whole life and two who I met at college. They are all in relationships and spend most of their time with their boyfriends and I am the only one in a long distance relationship, so it is harder for me to be with my boyfriend when I want to.

When I go out with my friends they all bring their boyfriends and my boyfriend never wants to get involved because he doesn't like their boyfriends, so I am the only 'single' one. I'm tired of doing this as I don't particularly like their boyfriends as well and am tired of seventh wheeling. My boyfriend never invites me out with his friends too. When i ask him to invite me out he says I can't stay the night at his house because his dad doesn't like it and he just wants to have a boys nights.

I feel I am becoming distant with my current friends as it makes me not want to get involved with them anymore because being the only 'single' one makes me feel awkward and I don't enjoy going out with them anymore because of it. My boyfriend knows how I feel with my friends and tells me to go out with them and keep in contact because there is no one else to hang out with.

I would like to make new friends but just don't know how.

So a few things...

Before you go and dump your friends have a serious talk with them. Tell them that you'd like to go do stuff without the boyfriends. It's really important that you guys go do stuff without them anyways, if (and it is very likely) one of them breaks up, there will be another single lady in the group that feels left out. It's fun to have large group dates and stuff, but girl time needs to be valued.

There's also never such a thing as having too many friends, I would try the app Bumble BFF, it's set up like a dating site but for girls to make friends, I've used it and love it, have made some great connections as it gets harder when you're older and don't have a lot of outside activities.

You can also join a class or try a new sport/hobby in the hopes of making new friends that way too.

But at the end of the day, your current friends need to respect that it can't be coupled up all the time. If any of them were the ones without their S/O at every hangout they'd feel the same way you do. Sometimes people just need a friendly reminder. Chicks before D**** :)

• Like 1
I'm in need of some advice... so, I have a small group of girl friends, one who I have known for almost my whole life and two who I met at college. They are all in relationships and spend most of their time with their boyfriends and I am the only one in a long distance relationship, so it is harder for me to be with my boyfriend when I want to.

When I go out with my friends they all bring their boyfriends and my boyfriend never wants to get involved because he doesn't like their boyfriends, so I am the only 'single' one. I'm tired of doing this as I don't particularly like their boyfriends as well and am tired of seventh wheeling. My boyfriend never invites me out with his friends too. When i ask him to invite me out he says I can't stay the night at his house because his dad doesn't like it and he just wants to have a boys nights.

I feel I am becoming distant with my current friends as it makes me not want to get involved with them anymore because being the only 'single' one makes me feel awkward and I don't enjoy going out with them anymore because of it. My boyfriend knows how I feel with my friends and tells me to go out with them and keep in contact because there is no one else to hang out with.

I would like to make new friends but just don't know how.

Like the other poster said, say you feel awkward and would like more girls' night out. If they are good friends, they will understand and accomodate you more.

Still, I do think it's good to make new friends. IMO, I feel it has to happen naturally and the best places i find to make friends is at school. If not at school, try to get into various hobbies or even join meet up groups.