What does it mean if my friend asks me to spend the night over at his apartment?

strawberry17

One of my guy friends who I have known for a couple of years recently asked me to go over to his apartment after a night out when we were very drunk. We have always had some chemistry ever since we met (I am 22 and he is 23) but I wasn't sure whether he fancied me even though I knew he found me attractive. Even though he was quite drunk, he asked me if I wanted to go over to his place after a night out in order to stay with him and he suggested watching a movie. Does this mean he wanted to potentially sleep with me? I should note that even though we are casual friends I don't usually go over to his place (I have been there once to pick him up) and we are definitely not best friends in order for me to spend the night at his apartment. I am curious as to what this means. It might be naive of me to think that a 23 year old male wanted anything but a shot at a drunken hook up but the fact that he was quite drunk made me think that there is a small chance he was genuinely just looking for someone to take care of him. I declined, of course, as I didn't want to get into any uncomfortable situations.

He's trying to sleep with you, but no guarantee it amounts to more than that. When you went out, did he ask you out and pay for you that night like it was a real date? Did he act like a gentleman with you like a date would if they were trying to impress? Or did he just find you drunk and try to get you home to have sex with him?

Be careful here. If he wants a girlfriend, he should be taking you on dates planned at least a day ahead of time that he is picking up at least most of the expenses for. Otherwise, he's just thinking you get drunk enough that he might take advantage of you.

• Like 2

He wants to have sex with you and the liquor made him bold. When a man wants you to sleep over his house, it means he wants or expects sex. If you're attracted to him, keep an eye on him because it seems he's more into you via attraction than genuine like.

• Like 1

We'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If you were that drunk, he wanted you safe, not traveling alone & being vulnerable or driving. Once you were there, he probably would not have said no to sex but that is not by itself an indication that he wants a romance.

You said no & that was your right. Being there would have been a slippery slope.

If he doesn't ask you on a proper date soon, he was looking for a hook-up. Doesn't mean you can't be friends, just that you need to keep the boundaries in place.

• Like 2