Good sign, Bad Sign?

I don't know what to think. I have recently revealed to my best female friend that I am absolutely crazy for her. Well, she stumbled upon some songs that I had written and she put 2+2 together...So I told her how I felt. To my surprise, her reaction was not negative. She didn't reciprocate either, but I guess a lack of a totally negative reaction is something I have to hold on to. Although it may be obvious, I just can't believe that she has any feelings for me. I, perhaps foolishly, poured my heart out to her and she has not acknowledged any feelings towards me at all. She just told me that she was fair game as far as "back on the market." She has recently separated from her cheating, scumbag boyfriend. Although I do suspect that she is leaning on going back to him. But I realize that she needs space and time. But I was expecting her to be disgusted, upset, you name it. I was expecting all the negatives I imagined in my head. We still talk like nothing has changed. Does the lack of negative reaction mean it was positive? I'm just confused.

The lack of a negative reaction but no reciprocation means she is probably being cautious after feeling the pain of a recent breakup. It could also mean that she likes you, but not that way. If I were you, I wouldn't hang on signs, I would directly ask if your feelings are returned in any way. Women respect directness - especially about affairs of the heart. The worst she can say is "No they're not". Then at least you'll be free from not knowing.