need help about a close friend

Hi.. this is quite a long story so I'll try and sum it up below..

About 6 months ago I started to really like a girl. We got to know each other for the first time on a night out, and kept talking for a couple of weeks, when i decided to ask her out on a date. we went out and i was pretty nervous (i dunno why, it always used to happen even though we could talk fine normally). From then on she seemed to go off me a bit... she knew I still really liked her, so she didnt start seeing anyone else or anything.

this went on for about 3 or 4 months, when eventually i decided i had to force myself to get over her. i started letting people know i was over her, and about a month later she started going out with another guy. me and this guy had hated each other for ages before, and about a week after they started going out i kicked him ****less at a party. even with this, she still talked to me loads, and continously slags him off behind his back (to me) and lies to him about what she does.

a couple of nights ago i was out drivin about in my car, and her and a friend phoned me up so they could come with me. i went and picked them up, and we went around local towns for about 4 hours, before we headed back to hers where she invited me in. the three of us just sat and talked for a while, then her friend went to bed. me and the girl i really like sat and talked until 5 in the morning, and there was quite a bit of flirting and we were pretty close (she was lying on the sofa with her head in my lap and she kept grabbing my hand and stuff).

so basically i dont know what to do... i really like her, but dont have a clue what she thinks of me. she said on that night that i was her best boy-friend (male friend). she still thinks i am over her, but the truth is i have never liked her more than i do now. should i tell her how i feel? we are great friends at the moment and im scared this would ruin that, but i cant stand the jealousy i get from her going out with this other guy.

any help would be appreciated.

by the way, if it helps, im 17 and she is 16.

Thanks, T.C

Ok I've made an account so people know who I am... really ANY help would be appreciated.. even if it's stating the obvious, I think I need that pounded into my head sometimes... lol

TGC

My thoughts honestly on this one is that you are both young and you kinda need to step back and look how she treats the guy she is supposedly dating...if she's stabbing him the back when she talks to you what would she do if she was dating you...doesn't sound like she is really being honest with anyone including herself...right now I think you should remain friends with her, but I wouldn't say to progress forward with a relationship until she can make up her mind what she is doin with the other guy...I understand your jealousy because you like her and all but look at the whole picture...

Just my opinion...

Thanks for the advice, I think that's my current plan anyway, seeing as I don't really have the confidence to say anything to her about it.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

TGC

Bump... should I drop a few hints, or flirt a bit more or something? I spoke to her yesterday and said she should have felt irresponsible that I drove home at 5 in the morning after not sleeping (as a joke), and she said "well why didnt you stay then?". It would have involved sleeping in the same room, probably on the same couch.

TGC

mr. reality

had to throw in my .12 cents here....

tgc....go for it.don't be suttle about telling her...just tell her and go from there.skeered gave you excellent advice to follow and you ackknowledge it but then 8 minutes later you indicate your going to proceed forward anyway....so i say go for it.honestly....this isn't a relationship that will last even as friends because you won't let it exsist that way.you like her too much and you'll get very jealous over any other guy she dates and that will make you do stupid stuff and you'll piss her off and then it will never happen.so before you pull all that jealousy crap.....tell her how you feel and hopefully she'll say yes and you can have your fun with her and when it's over....it's over.you live you learn.just remember...if she's with a guy now and acting like she is with you,you don't want anything lasting with her anyway....because she will do the same to you.personally....if my girlfriend was laying on a couch with her head in some other guys lap at 5 in the morning,i'd dump her.

Posted my last post before mr.reality's appeared.

She isn't normally like this... I know her and her friends really well, and everyone is wondering why she is going out with her current boyfriend. She usually isn't at all this shallow... I just dunno. He doesn't know about the other night, she told him she saw me in town then went in her friend "Mel's" car. She has me stored in her phone as Mel so her boyfriend doesn't get annoyed.

I'm not just looking to "have my fun with her" as you put it, I want a relationship. The reason I don't want to go straight out and tell her is because she is a good mate, and it would ruin the friendship if she doesnt feel at all the same way.

I'm going to leave it for a bit, she keeps asking if we can go for a drive and stuff, so I'll do that a few times and see how it goes.

TGC