Girl @ school - she's 15, I'm 14 does she like me?

The Unforgiven

The Unforgiven

There is this girl at my school that I've known for quite a while. She's fifteen, and I'm fourteen. I've known her since I started school, but we just recently truly became "friends." Recently being a little over a year and a half. Well, I've began to like her quite a bit, but I have no way of knowing if she does or not. She often hangs around me, and talks to me any time I'm not busy. She will constantly repeat my first name for no reason whatsoever, and she recently broke up with her boyfriend, and hangs around me a lot more since then.

She doesn't really seem to have any trouble with contact or being near me. I was poking her in the forehead a few days ago just being stupid, and it didn't bother her... at least she didn't move or anything. She doesn't have any problem being within my personal space it seems, cause she'll jump right out in front of me to help with things, as in when I couldn't find something on a webpage in class the other day.

SuperFantastico

Lol thats quite possibly the cutest post i have ever read. Poking her in the head for no reason lol. heh.

She probably likes you. Just do something nice for her and throw her some compliments. Maybe ask her out somewhere. Its pretty easy at this age, just dont let your fears stop you. Thats the biggest thing. And the rest will fall into place.

The Unforgiven

Yeah, thats where my problem comes in. I'm not a very vocal person, especially in this kind of situation. I guess I am afraid of rejection a little bit, but I also don't wanna bother her. Any non-verbal way to show her I like her?

y helo thar

Well... I need to show her that I like her without just coming out and saying it. Do any of you have any ideas at all? I can talk to her fine, just not on that subject...

yHELOunf0rgavd

If you want to put it that way, I guess I am technically. I just started school when I was four, so we're both freshmen. Anyway, another odd thing that happened earlier this year...

Some other girl I know came up to me and hugged me, so the girl I like says something about feeling left out or something, so I walked over to her and was gonna hug he and whatnot, then she starts acting weird/nervous and kinda back away, but didn't seem really... uh... offended?

Teh Unforgvine

Come on guys, I really need help with this situation. I've got a week before I go back to school to try an figure this out.

If this tells you anything - She didn't actually give me her phone number (as I'd never asked for it), but me and a few of my friends kinda got everyone's phone number from my school's management program a few years back. I called her once, and she talked to me normally, and didn't make "I need to go" excuses. I talk to her in class commonly... eh... well, we use the school's security software to send messages, since I don't sit anywhere near her... Well, anyway - She's always the one to start conversation with me, I don't think I've ever started one... I'm both in fear of being rejected, or afraid I'll be annoying. She talks to me daily, but I think I'm a bit boring though... I always ask questions like "Uh... what are you gonna do over spring break?" or "How was your weekend?"

Another thing I've noticed is that if I make eye contact, she doesn't look away. Actually... I normally look away, because I normally can't stare at someone's eyes without laughing. And as I said before, she'll lean right in front of me to "help me" with things, even when its not really needed...

As far is a phone number... How would I lead into that subject? I couldn't just bluntly ask her for it. The only way I can think to get it is to give her mine on the day we sign yearbooks, and hope I get her's too.

The Unforgiven

One last thing to note: A few weeks ago I was talking to her, and when I walked about 20 feet away, and she ran up to me, grabbed my arm, and pulled me back to where I had been before. Any idea on what this means?

I don't know... it seems like she might like me, but I just keep believing its all coincidence. I don't wanna offend her or anything, though.

clamdiggerwtf

Last bump... Please help.

What would be a good subject to bring up when I go back to school?

How would I go about asking for a phone number without feeling awkward?

Sorry, but this (and insomnia) have been keeping me awake for days. Its driving me crazy.

Sorry no one really replied with tips for you, man.

Probably because there's no way to ask a friend out that not going to be a little bit awkward.

Why don't you just flirt with her and see what happens. Sit a little closer. Touch her arm while you are talking to her. Ask to study together. Invite her to a party. Give her compliments. Not obvious stuff like "your eyes are like the sea" or something. Say like you really enjoy talking to her or "I think we have so much in common" or "you always make me laugh." She should like that.

If you think you continue to get signals, then suggest going to a movie or something. Or go to a game together. Or whatever you crazy teenagers are going these days. If you move slowly enough, you should be able to figure out if she wants to be "just friends."

OK, also you need help with conversation topics right?

A good way to bond with someone is over a TV show or something. Ask her if she saw a recent show that you like or a movie. Even if she didn't see it you can entertain her by tellin her why you like it.

Or just tell a random story about something interesting that happened to you. Or some gossip about a teacher or another student or something.

Hey, it sounds dorky, but you could think up a couple conversation topics and keep them stored away for the right moment.

Also, if you called her before, why do you need to get her number again?

So, it will be really hard, but if you want to date this girl, you've just got to call her up and ask her. I'm sure she will be extremely flattered and want to go with you. And if not, then at least you can stop freaking out about it all the time!

clamdiggerwtf

Conversation... eh... I don't really watch TV much or anything.

As far as needing her number again? Like I said before, last time I called her I hadn't actually ask for it. I got it by getting my school's phone directory. I don't have it anymore, and even though I could get it, I don't wanna just call her without being expected or anything. I don't wanna annoy her.

The easiest way I think I can bring this up is the inevitable conversation when we get back:

Me: "Hi"

Her: "Hi"

Me: "Do anything over your break?"

Her: "No."

Me: "Really? Didn't go out with friends or a boyfriend or anything?"

Her: "Nope."

Me: "Thats kind of surprising to here."

Her: "Why?"

Me: *Compliment*

Well, I'm fairly sure I can get a conversation to go exactly like this, but do you think it could really work?

Ok, so you have listed like a dozen different signs she might be interested in you. How many do you need before you stop thinking it is coincidence?

Your conversation seems to be a bit tame, especially if you are digging for even more blinking neon signs that she is interested. Throw some bait out there. Instead of saying "Hi" upon seeing her again, say "Hey, I missed you! How was your break?" It opens up more options that way, such as "I was gonna call you and say 'hey', but I didn't have your number." If she gives you her number, call her.

clamdiggerwtf

I'll try that then. Are you guys sure there is some isn't some non-verbal way to show her I like her? I have a hard time saying things.

Originally posted by clamdiggerwtf

Are you guys sure there is some isn't some non-verbal way to show her I like her? I have a hard time saying things.

Non-verbal. There are ways. But it is a bit extreme. I don't suggest going that route.

Didn't I already give you some non-verbal stuff to use?

But I think you should just ask her for her number. It's very cute that you're so shy and nervous about this. But the best way is to ask her and get it over with.

clamdiggerwtf

Just ask...?

Wouldn't I need to say something to bring it up? I'm not good with asking for anything, especially this.

clamdiggerwtf

I dunno... That seems kind of blunt. From that she could tell I'm thinking "Oh my God... say yes... I really like you."

I do have another (probably stupid) idea. I've talked to her on the phone several times, but only by myself once. Me and some friends were making prank calls (yes, I know it's immature) and decided to get her to help. I could bring that up and ask if she wants to do it again. Meh... this is stupid... I wish I didn't have such a social problem.

You guys keep saying she probably likes me, but I can't bring myself to believe it for some reason...

Bring her a red rose to school one day. When she asks why, just tell her "Just for being you." Don't say anything else about it. If she's interested she'll either make the next move or start inquiring about your interest. If she's not and only wants to be friends, she won't make a big deal out of it.

I dunno... That seems kind of blunt. From that she could tell I'm thinking "Oh my God... say yes... I really like you."

Sometimes you have to take a chance to get what you want.

Really, what is the worst that could happen??? I assure you, you could get over it.

clamdiggerwtf

More trouble now...

I can't approach her, and never have been able to. I can't approach any girls, actually. Well, I can, but not ones that I like. Normally I'm afraid of rejection, now it seems more like I'm afraid I'll annoy her, or that she won't notice me. We haven't really spoken since we've been back to school... Not at all except a "Hi."

Okay... maybe she likes me, but I don't wanna try to be in a relationship if I can't approach her. If she asks me to come near her or something, I have no problems talking or anything, but I can't ever start conversation UNLESS we're sending messages to each other at school, because for some reason that makes me less afraid of being annoying/rejected.

Her not starting conversation with me in the last two days might seem a bit odd, but I doubt its an attempt to ignore me, as she says "Hi" every chance she gets. I believe she doesn't actually converse with me since we only see each other twice a day. I need help on approaching her, and starting conversation. I need help with this fast before someone else gets her.