Coworkers / close friends with benefits

Bluesparrow22

Bluesparrow22

I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible.

I started a new job in September and became good friends with a coworker around November. We began working on a project together and growing a friendship outside of work. We really clicked as friends and are even better as a power team at work.

He went through a breakup around December, and we went out for drinks and dinner after work one night. Things turned physical, and have continued since. The relationship has actually strengthened our work relationship, I know he has my back 100%.

The problem comes that I'm an incredibly passionate and emotional person. I don't need s relationship from him, BUT he still brings up other girls he talks to at bars, etc and it bothers me. It's not that it happens, it's that I feel like he doesn't respect me if he doesn't know not to bring it up when we're hanging out.

We also have different communication styles, I'm direct and forward, and he's reserved and not likely to ever make the first move. We've had conversations about this, because I constantly worry that his actions tell me he's not interested. He insists that's not the case and he just is wired differently than I am and isn't as aggressive as I am.

So I feel like our relationship is emotionally draining and it's probably mostly me. We are supposed to have a talk about if we need to stop. That's in a few hours. I don't want it to stop, I like what we have BUT I'm starting to feel drained because I feel like we can't easily connect emotionally.

I think you need a relationship. You're saying you don't but the fact that it's draining you emotionally means otherwise. Don't brush off what you need. You clearly want to be exclusive.