I suspect he's not telling me the truth

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

I have a friend ( well more like a possible boyfriend situation), my gut instinct is that he is not entirely truthful. He talks about his ex wife and how they no longer see each other, he always looks up when he talks about certain issues. But there is this awful nagging feeling that he is just not telling the truth. He's given me the silent treatment on more than one occasion and usually what I have said isn't even that awful he's just taken it the wrong way...

Gut instincts, they can be wrong? but has anyone out there felt a nagging feeling and been right about someone, and how can I tell if someone is lying

D xo

mystikmind2005

I do sometimes struggle with telling the difference between intuition and insecurity.

What usually happens when i get a 'feeling' about something is that my response to that feeling is what actually brings the trouble.

So nowdays if i get any feeling i always ask myself what benefit is there that can come out of it? And i try to proceed keeping that in mind.

StalwartMind

In situations where you suspect something is up, there is a fine balance to maintain between acting on it and observing some more. I think most people agree that it is incredibly frustrating when someone assumes something about you and they are actually completely wrong. It helps greatly if you know the other person well, their patterns, tendencies as well as what issues may cause them to close down. This is of course difficult with new people as there is still that barrier to breakthrough.

There's nothing wrong with believing in your gut instincts, I trust my own, but I also know that at times they can be wrong, which is why being reserved is highly ideal in some situations. Trust is obtained with time, but even that can be broken easily, so it is always encouraged to be cautious with everything. Nothing quite sucks as to be disappointment by someone or something that you have put your faith or hopes up to. We all express ourselves in different ways, so misunderstandings happen all the time, even between good friends/couples. Show understanding but also expect it in return. Communication is one of our most amazing gifts but it is sadly also one that most frequently go wrong.

Trust in yourself and be honest about how you feel, as it ultimately dictates your happiness. An equally understanding partner, or in your case a potential boyfriend, will if he has some decent core qualities, be supportive and work through issues with you, such as trust and honesty.