wanted to ask friend out but never right place right time!!

hey guys.jus wanted to see if you could give me some serious advice on a three year long issue.

ive liked this girl since i met her(Juila).but she and my best friend were liking each other and i thought just leave it.i also had a girlfriend at that point so i didnt think anything of it apart from we would be good friends.

time passed and my best friend got another girl and the attraction faded away.but things at that point got difficult because she was arguing with her now former best friend and was in great pain over it.so i was there as a friend to comfort her but i couldnt make a move because it just wasnt the time.

that got better but then she was having problems at home with her parents and that was hurting her too.and hence i had the same reasons for not asking her out.

then she got busy(to help her deal with al this stuff)and i couldnt see her much.so i sort of gave up and tried to just get on with my life.

that was september and now its december and she seems to have got back into my life again.she was at my birthday party on satrday and that was the first time i saw her in months.and all the reasons why i liked her came flooding back.

thing is,its been had for me to get to know her as im dealing with my own shyness and im still shy.as i like her loads,i freeze up in front of her and its been hard for me to open her up.

i just need some advice,whether its a good time to ask her out and some tips on how to open someone up.

any ideas on how to say i like her and ask her out would be great too!!

thanks.appreciated.

uongy.

It's the holiday season! Invite her ice skating. Invite her for a cup of hot cider and drive around town looking at Xmas lights. Invite her to a holiday event that's happening over the weekend.

Then, when you're out with her, mention that you're having a wonderful time and you'd really love to see more of her. She'll get the hint and her response will tell you whether you should proceed with your intentions to date her.