16 year old female in love with a 19 year old male

I don't know what to do. I am only 16 years old but i am in love :love: with a 19 year old. He even lives with me an my family. We have been dating for 2 years almost and my dad doesn't like him.

I have plans to marry him later on in life but i do not think that my dad would like it.

He doesn't like my boyfriend because he thinks that he is a liar and a cheat and he borrows too much money from his grandmother.

I am so involved with him that i even stress over unpaid bills. I am not willing to give him up!!!!!

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on what i should do.

Any advice would help.

Thank you!

missopinionated

Here's the deal. Every piece of advice you're going to get is going to go this way:

You're too young.

He's a putz -- he needs a job and a life

His problems with money are HIS problems, not yours

You're too young.

Does he even know you're alive?

Why is he living with you

You're too young.

However, I'm also pretty much sure whatever advice you get, no matter how good, will be rejected, because you're obviously not going to listen.

The guy is an idiot with no pride. Otherwise, he'd pay his own bills with his own money and get his own place and pay his own rent.

Here's a thing! If you stick with him, he'll be borrowing your money, living for free in your place, using your car and sucking off you! How nice. After that, you can be on Judge Judy, when he takes all your stuff, calls you names and makes a fool out of you.

• 11 months later...

Well reading this post really made me thought that 16 is to young but i totaly dissagree with you. I am 21yrs old and have been with my g.f (who is 16 turning 17 in a few weeks) for 6 months now and our relationship is just soooooo good we love each other greatly and support each other in every way we can. I took serious consideration of her age when we first got together and i was really close to blowing it off, but i have to say i am really really glad that i didnt, i have never felt so strongly for someone before we have something awesome going. know one i know thinks the age is a problem her parents are fine with it my parents are fine with it. I really dont see 16 as being to young, im not to sure becuase i have never met a more mature 16 year old before i met her, she cooks for herself, cleans, drives and is really independent. I dont think 16 is to young we both have never been happier.

ReluctantRomeo
He doesn't like my boyfriend because he thinks that he is a liar and a cheat and he borrows too much money from his grandmother.

I am so involved with him that i even stress over unpaid bills.

The fact that both of you are so young is a risky thing, but it's sweet.

My worry is the thing with lying, borrowing money and not paying bills. This is an enormous redflag. Finance may not seem a big thing to you right now, but it's one of the 2 main reasons for divorce and break ups.

I don't know where to start on the lying thing.

missopinionated2
Well reading this post really made me thought that 16 is to young but i totaly dissagree with you. I am 21yrs old and have been with my g.f (who is 16 turning 17 in a few weeks) for 6 months now and our relationship is just soooooo good we love each other greatly and support each other in every way we can....

Bla bla bla....

1. You're not living in her parents' basement

2. You're not sucking off your Grandmother

3. She's not stuck with a scrub she can't get rid of

4. Your girlfriend's father isn't a spineless idiot who lets a guy he doesn't like live in his home and screw his daughter and screw over a grandmother.

To the girl living with this idiot. YOU ARE BEING USED! Get rid of that idiot before you are another statistic.

Its not the age that is the problem (like the above posts say). Its the fact he is a lying, money grabber.

You stress over unpaid bills? So that means if you had money you would pay them for him... You should get out of this relationship while you are still young enough to not be affected.

I dated a guy for over a year and a half in that whole time he would not get a job. i can say from exprince it is to much stress for you at the age of 16. you should be out enjoying life not stressing over taking care of someone else. I have 3 kids. and i want to tell you , you have your whole life to get stresed about money and bills and all that. Right now you should be enjoying your teenage years. Let him pay his own bills. But this is only my advice. I understand how hard it can be to make a decsion like this. SO take your time and make sure you have fun lol. I can tell you it seems that life only gets aharder as you get older. It may get better but it does get harder. So have fun now while you can.

• 3 weeks later...
Here's the deal. Every piece of advice you're going to get is going to go this way:

You're too young.

He's a putz -- he needs a job and a life

His problems with money are HIS problems, not yours

You're too young.

Does he even know you're alive?

Why is he living with you

You're too young.

However, I'm also pretty much sure whatever advice you get, no matter how good, will be rejected, because you're obviously not going to listen.

The guy is an idiot with no pride. Otherwise, he'd pay his own bills with his own money and get his own place and pay his own rent.

Here's a thing! If you stick with him, he'll be borrowing your money, living for free in your place, using your car and sucking off you! How nice. After that, you can be on Judge Judy, when he takes all your stuff, calls you names and makes a fool out of you.

Missopinionated, your statements greatly offend me.

First off, I donot judge someone's pride (male or female) based off their financial situation or dollars. The structure of judging someone totally based of dollars is an American concept that leads to 90 yr old guys dating models just because of money.

Secondly, theres no need to be a shlemil about this situation. Ive had many friends who were 18 or 19 that fell in love with 15-17 year old girls. In most of these situations the woman was physically, mentally, and emotionally mature (sometimes even more than the guy). I also think that statutory rape laws were created to ease the mind of right-wing Christian mothers who learn that their "little schnoockums" is sexually active, so they cry rape. Rape is rape.. voltuntary sex is voluntary.

People fall in love at all ages, and I understand that in some scenarios the women donot know whats best for them because they are say 12-14? But every situation has to be judged individually. If a girl or woman is under the age of consent, yet posesses the maturity and intelligence to consent, then any sexual result of said relationship with man/male/boy over age of consent should not conclude in any form of "rape" charges. I think that society has been hand-fed a handful of politically correct cards with religion written all over them that manipulate their common sense.

But anyway thats just my take on this situation.