My Subordinate and I

Yes, sorry another thread about co-workers and sorry but please don't tell me not to do it because it won't work :cool: This girl I have met has blown my mind. I have had relationships with co-workers before and all was ok.

As my head is in the cloud it's hard to read the signals and I'm looking for some help so I can try and work things out.

This is what I have picked up:

1) She often looks over in my direction and smiles when I walk into the room.

2) She has paid me one or two compliments about my hair and clothing

3) She has once (possibly twice) touched my shoulder when talking

4) She often plays with her hair when talking with me (but she has long hair)

5) Looks me straight in the eyes when talking with me

6) We were working on some reports last week and our hands touched (she didn't move out of the way) and they touched again. (I know this is only a small thing but is this is a sign?)

7) When we (just me and her) are in a meeting she won't stop talking about everything other than work stuff

8) She put a-lot of smiley faces on the bottom of her emails

9) Often smiles and laughs when we chat

She is 32 years old and also single

It's killing me not being able to be with her. :love:

Edited by SSM3

Why didn't you title this thread, "I like my coworker and I'm wondering if she might be subtly reciprocating."?

It's hard to tell you because some Women consider light flirting to be acceptable office behavior. Ask her to lunch time coffee and sandwiches then ask her out at that time.

• Author
Why didn't you title this thread, "I like my coworker and I'm wondering if she might be subtly reciprocating."?

It's hard to tell you because some Women consider light flirting to be acceptable office behavior. Ask her to lunch time coffee and sandwiches then ask her out at that time.

Do you also think this is light flirting too?

• Author

I'm after some female help please ;)

This girl I work with has blown my mind. I can't stop thinking about her, it just wont stop. I have had relationships with co-workers before and all was ok.

As my head is in the cloud it's hard to read the signals and I'm looking for some help so I can try and work things out.

This is what I have picked up:

1) She often looks over in my direction and smiles when I walk into the room.

2) She has paid me one or two compliments about my hair and clothing

3) She has once (possibly twice) touched my shoulder when talking

4) She often plays with her hair when talking with me (but she has long hair)

5) Looks me straight in the eyes when talking with me

6) We were working on some reports last week and our hands touched (she didn't move out of the way) and they touched again. (I know this is only a small thing but is this is a sign?)

7) When we (just me and her) are in a meeting she won't stop talking about everything other than work stuff

8) She put a-lot of smiley faces on the bottom of her emails

9) Often smiles and laughs when we chat

She is 32 years old and also single, I try and tell myself it will blow over and phase out but it's getting stronger and stronger by the day.

It's killing me not being able to be with her. :love:

daisylady03

Aw, I say go for it. Maybe ask her for a casual "work" lunch or dinner. Or see if she wants to go out for drinks after work one day.

• Author
Aw, I say go for it. Maybe ask her for a casual "work" lunch or dinner. Or see if she wants to go out for drinks after work one day.

Are there any real signs here or am I just trying to read things into it?

daisylady03

Real signs, all of them. And I think you have googled those signs because I am sort of in a similar situation and those signs all come up. But I really think that she is into you. I would ask her our more nonchalantly first just incase.

• Like 3
  • Author
Real signs, all of them. And I think you have googled those signs because I am sort of in a similar situation and those signs all come up. But I really think that she is into you. I would ask her our more nonchalantly first just incase.

Trying to figure things out is just mind boggling is it.

I have googled various questions about signs yeah but you never get the same answers.

Thanks, are you getting similar signs your end too??

daisylady03

My situation is different, it is will a long time friend (brother's best friend). But yes the signs of touching, smiling, laughing, eye contact, body language are all there.

• Like 1

You can never gauge by their behavior....sometimes they are just looking for attention and nothing more.

If you want to know if they are interested, you ask them out on a date. That's what a confident man would do.

• Like 1
daisylady03
You can never gauge by their behavior....sometimes they are just looking for attention and nothing more.

If you want to know if they are interested, you ask them out on a date. That's what a confident man would do.

She is interested.

• Author
Update us on how it goes :)

I will do. We are going to see a customer in a week or so and will be spending time together then, more than likely visit a pub for lunch so it's a good time to check things out and see where things are.

Feel like a blooming teenager again, and I'm far from that now :)

• Author

I noticed today that there was definitely more glances my way.

One particular occasion I must have noticed her looking at me 3, 4 or maybe 5 times during a team conversation and I wasn't even talking at the time. She just looked up and smiled then when someone else spoke her head then turned their way.

This wouldn't happen if she didn't like me back, surely?

One particular occasion I must have noticed her looking at me 3, 4 or maybe 5 times during a team conversation and I wasn't even talking at the time. She just looked up and smiled then when someone else spoke her head then turned their way.

Dude who cares, you like her ask her out. You are a grown man stop being insecure about it.....she is just a woman.

• Author
Dude who cares, you like her ask her out. You are a grown man stop being insecure about it.....she is just a woman.

I like to be safe than sorry plus as she is a co-worker you need to be extra careful ;)

daisylady03

Definite green light. I would ask her out NOW!

I will do. We are going to see a customer in a week or so and will be spending time together then, more than likely visit a pub for lunch so it's a good time to check things out and see where things are.

Feel like a blooming teenager again, and I'm far from that now :)

Haha I understand the feeling!

fitnessfan365

As long as she isn't your boss and you can keep it under wraps, I say you just be direct about your attraction and ask her out. Be flirtatious, playful, etc.. Tease her that all the signs she's giving off are making her work too hard and you want to make it easier on her to go out already, etc..

If you get rejected, will it be slightly awkward at first? Yes, since you work together. But if I was in your position, I'd take slight momentary awkwardness any day over endless wondering.

• Author

I am trying to figure out if my co-worker and I could have any kind of future.

I have not (nor would I) tell her my true feelings in-case I am jumping the gun with this. I don't want any embarrassment or to cause any discomfort so I am playing the patient game.

From a girls points of view, when I guy likes a girl is it that obvious? All of the internet sites which list signs that your co-worker likes you lists what I do! (extra helpful, taking pride in appearance, texting out of hours).

What I am trying to figure out it if this beautiful girl I am crushing on actually knows that I like her. When-ever I text her she always puts smiley's which some say it's a sign...:love:

If she knows (or suspects) then her body language and persona towards me has not changed.

I think there is something there between us.

fitnessfan365

1) Girls are bubbly and playful by nature. So emoticons don't mean anything.

2) Dude, what is all this talk about feelings and a future? You need to keep it really low key and be realistic.

Right now you're coming off like a "nice guy" that has a relationship mindset with a woman he hasn't even had a date with yet. You're over romanticizing things and need to stop treating life like a romantic comedy. What you need to do is stop acting like one of her friends sending her text messages, and just man up and ask her out. The fact that you're this hesitant means you'll probably never get her because you lack the balls to take action.

• Like 1

This might surprise you, but in the beginning, she does not care if you like her (but you don't want to be mean to her and make her think you dislike her - indifference is the key. Playing hard to get doubles attraction, if thee is anything there to work with to begin with.). She cares primarily about her feelings.

But if you asked her for her number, ask her for a date, and go for the first kiss, she probably knows you like her.

• Like 1
  • Author
1) Girls are bubbly and playful by nature. So emoticons don't mean anything.

2) Dude, what is all this talk about feelings and a future? You need to keep it really low key and be realistic.

Right now you're coming off like a "nice guy" that has a relationship mindset with a woman he hasn't even had a date with yet. You're over romanticizing things and need to stop treating life like a romantic comedy. What you need to do is stop acting like one of her friends sending her text messages, and just man up and ask her out. The fact that you're this hesitant means you'll probably never get her because you lack the balls to take action.

It isn't that easy, I am her Supervisor! Which is why I am 'taking the nice guy approach'.

I personally do not think it is obvious at all.

Unless someone point blank tells me "I like you", I have no idea.

I am trying to figure out if my co-worker and I could have any kind of future.

I have not (nor would I) tell her my true feelings in-case I am jumping the gun with this. I don't want any embarrassment or to cause any discomfort so I am playing the patient game.

From a girls points of view, when I guy likes a girl is it that obvious? All of the internet sites which list signs that your co-worker likes you lists what I do! (extra helpful, taking pride in appearance, texting out of hours).

What I am trying to figure out it if this beautiful girl I am crushing on actually knows that I like her. When-ever I text her she always puts smiley's which some say it's a sign...:love:

If she knows (or suspects) then her body language and persona towards me has not changed.

I think there is something there between us.

Girls do know....I can tell the second a guy looks at me....I can pretty much feel his vibe....yes guys, well most are pretty obvious.

Girls will be just as obvious if not more aggressive if the are into you....so if you feel you are getting very little or mixed signals...your love goggles are making you see things that are not there.