My complicated roommate

Well, here's a long complicated thing.

My guy friend and I have been friends for over a decade. About 5 years ago we started seeing each other in a situation that felt more than FWB,

but less than dating. (Both mutually agreed that there was emotional involvement on both ends, but it never progressed to a full on relationship. I was living far away at the time, and he wasn't over his recent divorce. We only were seeing each other in this way for a little less than a year.) I ended our involvement at that time, and we didn't speak for 2 years. As time went on we became close friends again, and would occasionally sleep together. He's always been super affectionate, kind, and supportive of me. Recently, we decided to get an apartment together. I thought I was perfectly fine being just his roommate without any romantic or physical involvement. But now I 'm starting to develop feelings for him again. Now I'm terrified of this, and confused. I'm not sure how to proceed, or if I should just tamp my feelings down and enjoy having such an awesome friendship. Ugh. What did I get myself into?

I_Give_Up67

Is there any reason the two of you can't be in a relationship together? How does he feel about being more than a FWB?

imtooconfused

What part of developing feelings scares you? Some possible thoughts cross my mind:

• You open up with your feelings about him and he admits no feelings for you (awkwardness)
  • He becomes attracted to another woman (rejection)

Unless you can manage to completely eliminate any kind of romantic attraction to your roommate, awkwardness and potential rejection are more likely than not. What would these mean to your awesome friendship? Do you really think you can "tamp down" these feelings now that you have them?