This guy hasn't returned my texts...should I call him?

Christina107

I've been texting this guy that I've been hooking up with for the last 2 weeks. I get no response. I keep saying in those texts if he's upset with me no response. I'm sure his phone works, he uses his work work for personal use. Should I go the extra mile and call him?

Heck no. He has received your texts and if he wanted to communicate with you he would. You should go about your business and if he doesn't get back to you NEXT him.

• Like 1

Probably not interested, considering you've sent more than one. But it is possible to not get texts. My friend was complaining I never responded. I took my battery out for 15 seconds and when I cut it back on I had 8 texts!

I've been texting this guy that I've been hooking up with for the last 2 weeks. I get no response. I keep saying in those texts if he's upset with me no response. I'm sure his phone works, he uses his work work for personal use. Should I go the extra mile and call him?

No.

He is not getting back to you because he has had his fill thanks and has moved on.

You should too.

• Like 3

Just in case you're still unsure, I have to add my opinion in:

No, don't call him.

Yeah, it's possible his phone is acting up, or he got hit by a semi and is in the hospital, or has had his fingers amputated so he can't text. It's also possible that global warming will cause a new Ice Age, that a third party candidate might win the White House, and the Cubs will win the World Series. But I wouldn't place any bets.

• Like 1

Have you ever had one of these annoying guys that you don't like but they keep texting you and trying to reach you?

When a man is interested he will be all over you. When not, he will ignore you.

We men are that simple.

• Like 1
SleekArchitecture

You will live to understand and not take these dating risks personally. The most common understanding and way to perceive it, is it was not a proper fit and wrong timing. It does not matter if it was you or him, but knowing that there is the right fit out there, that will be firing texts your way.

Do not communicate with him and give him anymore of your preciousness and time.

No, he's rude and he doesn't care about you. There is no point chasing him in the hope of more. It's a mutual using situation. If you need more than that, you'd be better off finding a different guy who also needs love and commitment. This guy just wanted a hook-up, nothing more.

I think you should give him a call! What's the worst that can happen? Looks like he doesn't have the balls to say anything.

What is with these replies? Next him? You'll look desparate? Games belong in the playground, what are you 4? Give him another shot - call him. If he doesn't reply or pick up, then move on. Go for what you want!

What is with these replies? Next him? You'll look desparate? Games belong in the playground, what are you 4? Give him another shot - call him. If he doesn't reply or pick up, then move on. Go for what you want!

It's not game-playing we're advocating -- it's trying to help the OP avoid a restraining order.

Seriously. She indicates she has texted him over and over again. She says in these texts she's been asking him if he's upset with her. And he's still not responding. She has only hooked up with him for a maximum of two weeks.

If a guy who I hooked up with started obsessively texting me over and over asking if I was upset with them after just two weeks, even if the reason I had not responded to the first text was that I was simply busy or whatever, I'd start wondering if I needed to be sure to double-check the locks at night.

She doesn't want to be

It is funny that the thing people are most afraid of...is apearing desperate.

There are worse things in life than apearing desperate to somone you have known for only 2 weeks.

You can call without being desperate.

There are times in life when someone you have been seeing is the last thing on your mind. This other thing called life gets in the way. Just because someone has become distant does not mean rejection. It might mean that the person has taken a break from dating to take care of other things that require attention.

Edited by SmartDude
You can call without being desperate.

Seeming desperate is one thing. Making yourself overly available, always initiating contact first, etc. But usually if you're only seeming desperate, they still do talk to you when you contact them. You're just never giving them the chance to text you first.

When you keep bugging the crap out of someone when they are making it pretty clear by not responding at all to your multiple attempts to make contact that they do *not* want to talk to you, you've crossing the line from "desperate" into "stalker" territory.

Did she say they were hooking up for 2 years? Not 2 weeks? I don't consider it stalker territory until he tells her, "leave me alone." And if she still continues to message him or decides to call him then yes, she's crossing the lines, maybe it's harassement? Unless she's parked out in front of his place, is waiting for him after work, or goes to his workplace confronting him-then she's a stalker.

What happened the last time you hooked up?

Could he have a gf/wife?

You should move on from this guy. He could at least text you back and say he's not interested any more: it's just rude not to reply at all.

Don't be desperate. I get that you probably like this guy, but there are other guys out there. Forget about this one and move on. Don't give him the satisfaction of knowing that you're there waiting for him to reply.

you could call him. but it's already over :(