Developing feelings for friend but know it wouldn't work out between us

notverygoodatthis

notverygoodatthis

For a variety of reasons, I wouldn't even try to ask her out romantically. The worst of it is that we're real 'touchy-feely' with each other in a non-sexual way and like 95% of the things we do together is strictly just the two of us which is just like rubbing salt on the wound. Sometimes I feel like I should just stop hanging out with her but she's the person I hang out with most and I have few other friends in the area after moving here.

Well, you might tell her sometime when she's being touchy-feely "I could get used to this" and just see how she spins it, that is, if you're interested. Despite what you said about many reasons not to, I assume you are. But if you're really sure that's not happening on her end, then don't, and if you have to distance yourself to move ahead with other women, do it. One way to do that might be to ask her if she has any friends she'd fix you up with. That might even open a conversation about you two as well.

• Author
notverygoodatthis
Well, you might tell her sometime when she's being touchy-feely "I could get used to this" and just see how she spins it, that is, if you're interested. Despite what you said about many reasons not to, I assume you are. But if you're really sure that's not happening on her end, then don't, and if you have to distance yourself to move ahead with other women, do it. One way to do that might be to ask her if she has any friends she'd fix you up with. That might even open a conversation about you two as well.

Oh, I'm definitely more touchy with her than the other way around. She'll only touch my arm now or things like that so not too sure how it will work. She'll be gone over the next week so it'll give me a chance to think things over at least.

Umm haha I do like your idea about the friends thing but I remember doing that was a lady as she was breaking up with me and would rather not tread down that path again. Completely different situations yes but I'd rather not lol

Thegreatestthing

You don't know that it wouldn't work out,has she expressed any interest in you ever,does she flirt with you in any way,are you somewhat attractive? my guy friend told me he wanted to date after many years of saying nothing,I was actually glad because I had feelings for him.