Realized I'm not friendzoned, but he's not ready for a relationship

This is kind of a long story but I’m going to try and make it short. I went out with this guy I met on tinder in April. We really got along and had a great time. About a week later he tells me that he’s not ready to date (he broke up with his gf of 6 years a few months earlier) and I take that as an indicator that he’s not interested in me, but we agree to be friends. He starts initiating contact in the summer and when school starts up again we start hanging out –as just friends.

It’s been getting more and more obvious that he likes me. Before I obviously suspected it though, I mean why would you initiate contact to hangout with someone you met on tinder? I know now that he’s very cautious about getting into a relationship, and doesn’t think he’s ready for one…he told me this in the summer.

A few nights ago we went out with his friends, at the end of the night he insisted that I sleep at his place cause it was inconvenient to get home, and he reassured me that he wouldn’t try anything. We ended up sleeping in his bed, and snuggling with our legs intertwined. Nothing happened, it was so innocent. We just stayed up till 6am talking about our sex lives, kinda trying to make each other jealous. It’s complicated. I’m dating a guy I don’t really like, but the sex is great. And he’s still casually seeing different girls –none of which he has feelings for. I know he’s really cautious, but that he likes me and wants to keep me as friend because he’s afraid of getting too serious. I really don’t want to have expectations, because that just leads to disappointment. But I don’t know how…he’s basically my dream guy. I’m so comfortable with him, and I can’t stress how well we get along and have fun together…we’re like the same kind of strange.

I don’t know I’m just confused, I know he’s still not ready for anything serious, but that he also likes me…I mean I’m in no rush. This is still very new…but the reality is that in two months if we’re still just friends I’m going to be disappointed. I just want to refrain from having expectations and getting hurt.