Should I tell him how I feel or walk away?

Atticus9292012

Atticus9292012

I have a guy friend I have posted about before. To make it brief, we met many months ago and hooked up the night we met. The chemistry was insane and he is the kind of person time literally just melts when you're together. I will meet him for a drink or dinner and the next thing i know its been 5 hours of intense conversation. Well, neither of us were really in a good place for a relationship. My divorce was super fresh and he had just broken up with a girl. Our relationship was basically FWB...more emphasis on friends. We really built a friendship. Well, after a while he freaks out and tells me he "sees this going somewhere, but isn't ready." I really enjoyed the FWB thing because that was how I saw it at the time. That continued until I began to start to like him. We went back and forth on being friends to drunken hookups to barely being on speaking terms. We have a lot of mutual friends and for months it was very strained and awkward at social events. Well, we eventually rebuilt our friendship. We both began dating other people eventually. Well, things ended with me and my guy. I see my friend out and about at a bar I frequent...Well, one night I stopped in there before I was about to meet someone for a first date. I had one drink and when I was in there, and my friend was in there. I made a stupid joke about he checking on me at my date to make sure I was okay and we joked about hand signals that meant it was going bad or good. Well, he actually came to the bar, but couldn't get in because his id is expired or something. He texted me that he came to the bar to check on me....I thought it was really strange, because I was totally joking about him showing up. Still, another friend of mine went and verified they went down there and my friend seemed genuine about an interest in my well being. First, weird thing. I had a party at my house and I invited a lot of our mutual friends, so I invited him. I even told him he could bring a date. He said that he would just bring a buddy of his I have hung out with a few times since I know him. Well, my guy friend came to my party. He literally followed me around like a lost puppy all night. We were sitting on the couch at one point and he showed me pictures of this hiking trip and he'd get to a picture of a girl and pull the phone close to him so I couldn't see. I had heard he was dating someone, but would not tell me about her or even mention her to me. He was the last to leave even after his buddy left my party. Miraculously, he and this girl break up right after my party. Well, he and I started hanging out A LOT. It seemed platonic, but he would get jealous if I so much as mention another guy. He would not want me to leave when I'd go to his house. He stares for long periods of time just at me and in my eyes....I usually look away because its kind of intense. Also, he finds reasons to touch me. Well, one night I got a little tipsy with him at his house listening to music and well I tried to kiss him. He freaks out and was basically like "it just wouldn't work between us. Why can't you leave it alone?" I bombarded him with questions about why he said it wouldn't work. He said he likes me a lot and is very attracted to me. I said I guess because of before you'd never date me?? He said its not that he never would....he just didn't think it would work. I was mad and embarrassed. He kept trying to keep me from leaving due to my state, but I felt so stupid and embarrassed I left. Well, we talked a couple days later and we're fine. We've hung out a few times as friends since and things just keep getting more and more intense. He will hug me and hold me for weird long periods. He'll sit practically on top of me next to him on his couch...because of the awkward kiss night I pretty much avoid this contact. i passed out at his house and he spooned me all night. I will get text messages and he will interrogate me about who is texting me or what I am up to....its like he assumes its always other guys. Well, I was sick at home with my son one day and my friend texted asking if I want to grab a beer. I told him no, because I had my son and he was sick. He said we were more than welcome to stop by if I needed to get out of the house. Well, I took him up on that offer. He made us dinner and we spent several hours with him. He tried so hard to make my son happy and comfortable and played with him. This really messed with my head. When I am over he is always playing me different songs he likes and wants to see what I think (we both are kind of music nerds). Almost all of the songs are about letting love go. Its really weird. Some days I think I am in love him, but he cannot feel this way about me. He pretty flatly rejected me at least this is what reason tells me. Well, Friday night he asked me to come over and I was going to, but got held up talking to another friend where I was. I called on my way over and he said that it was too late...he had to get his brother from the airport, but he said he'd call and meet up with me. I was going out. Well, my phone died while I was out. I tried texting him the next day apologizing if he tried to call, because my phone died. He never responded. I texted him last night and he flat out never responded. I am sure he is just busy with his brother, but the time not talking (we talk almost daily) and a long conversation with a friend I realize I know I have deep feelings for him and either need to tell him how I feel or take a break from him until I can just accept a friendship with him. I feel like I need to say it, but at the same time I feel like it would be disrespectful at this point after the awkward kiss night. Thoughts?